would 2 15's be much louder than 2 12's

pfunk
10+ year member

i had this setup going in my car. 2 12" rockford power hx2's on the rockford bg1500.1. i just blew both those subs. so its time for new one's i was thinkin of 2 15" power hx2's do you think that there would be a significant difference with those. or i was thinkin of going with something like 3 jlw6. or some three subs that will wire close to 2ohms. what do you think i should do.

thanks

Originally posted by pfunk i had this setup going in my car. 2 12" rockford power hx2's on the rockford bg1500.1. i just blew both those subs. so its time for new one's i was thinkin of 2 15" power hx2's do you think that there would be a significant difference with those. or i was thinkin of going with something like 3 jlw6. or some three subs that will wire close to 2ohms. what do you think i should do.

thanks
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gif no **** it will be louder 2 15's over 2 12's yeah it will .learn some common sense

hey monkey, settle down.

if you had 2 12" Juggs, those COULD be louder than 2 15" CRAPPY ASS subs,

plus depends on the install

I would like to know how you blew those too. You must have had the gain WAAAAAY up. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

In general.. yes 15s are louder than most 12s but if you have some high quality 12s versus some ok 15s its going to be close if not superior to the 15s. I had 3 12s in my navigator and blew them all. They sounded like **** anyway so i wasn't to upset. I just put 2 15s in it and it is a hell of a difference. Now i used to have 3 15s and that was cool but i think i'm going to go with 4 kicker square solobarics(L7's) and get a top notch sound. I would suggest getting the 15s if you want it loud and getting the 12s if you want a more clear and less boomy sound.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

well, i'mnot sure, but i think he blew them by having a ported box If he had one, Did you???? If so the subs were probably runn very hard and when a sub is run hard in a ported box it can "unload" very easyily, i'm sure some of you know wut unloading is. So i'm guessing that is what happened. That is, if you had a prted box, it was sealed then it might have hasd something to do with wiring. Peace.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

the voice coils burnt on the subs.. and yes i no that 2 15'" would be louder than 2 12".. but never haveing heard rockford 15's i was n't sure how much louder they would get.

also i was looking into the kove armegeddon's do you think those would be much better than the power hx2..

ok in other words what subs could i hook up the bd1500.1 (which is 2ohm stable) to give me the most bass. im lookin for more spl but still need good sq.

thanks

2 brahma 15"s wired in series will get you a 2 ohm mono load. 750 a sub will make them hit hard and they still hit clean if put in the right type of box. now that all depends on if you have over 800 to spend on just your subs.

keep it thumpin,

adam

well lookis like im luck cause iv gott 1500 waiting to go into some new subs. and are those brahma 15" the best out there that could wire to a 2 ohm load?

thanks

to get a single brahma too a 1 ohm load just wire it in parallel. they are dual 2 ohm voice coils. that will give you a 1 ohm mono and that amp does 1200 at 1 ohm so there you go man simple as that.

keep it thumpin,

adam

just pretend this amp is a one channel amp and there is only one sub

spk2dvc4.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.