Worst car audio products of all time

So I think the reason my first subwoofer (Kicker CVR12) blew was because it was in a prefab but that and the amp I had powering it had blown too (KAC-8105D) so those are the worst products I've had the unfortunate pleasure of using.

I've honestly have never blown a sub or fried an amp, even in my nooby days clipping things to hell, nothing ever fried on me. And this is running kicker subs, powerbass subs, sony xplod subs to boss amps, sony xplod amps, logic amps, cheap walmart amps

So I think the reason my first subwoofer (Kicker CVR12) blew was because it was in a prefab but that and the amp I had powering it had blown too (KAC-8105D) so those are the worst products I've had the unfortunate pleasure of using.
That had to be user error, because I had a KAC-9105d (newer model of the 8105d) and it was one of the best, worth-the-money amps I've ever owned..I'm actually considering replacing my Hifonics BRZ with another 9105d.

That had to be user error, because I had a KAC-9105d (newer model of the 8105d) and it was one of the best, worth-the-money amps I've ever owned..I'm actually considering replacing my Hifonics BRZ with another 9105d.
I agree... I had a 9105 for 3 years that I ran on some CVR's in Oklahoma heat and I beat the plss out of it! Never even whimpered. Gave it to my brother-in-law last year and he's still using it.

I agree... I had a 9105 for 3 years that I ran on some CVR's in Oklahoma heat and I beat the plss out of it! Never even whimpered. Gave it to my brother-in-law last year and he's still using it.
The cooling fan's a really nice feature to it, too. A lot of amps on the market don't have them, but they're really good at keeping it cool.

Kenwood KAC mono amp, PERIOD.
Had one catch fire in a camaro,

Had one that constantly went into protect at the suggested ohm load

Had one that popped fuses

So then i said F kenwood no more!
Gonna call this user error.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.