Words of Instant Ridicule

Yes, record a video where 63-64VAC is recorded from your sub amp for more than 3 seconds. Maybe you have a stack of AGM's to go along with that 95 Amps and then maybe you're drawing additional amperage from them but Ohm's law is a constant and does not magically change the available electricity in a circuit. The only way you'll ever pull 4k watts from a "95 amp alternator" is with a stack of AGM's thrown in for the additional draw.

Haters!
Taramps DS250X2
Taramps DS800X4
Taramps MD3000.1 View attachment 20027

Just because you have those amps doesn't mean they're able to provide their rated power. I really think you're just trolling due to your boredom. At minimum, not even taking into account the efficiency of those amps you'd need 277 amps of power to produce 4000 Watts @ 14.4 volts and thats at 100% efficiency which doesn't exist in car audio. In reality its much closer to 300 amps @ 4000 Watts.

Here's a pic of the dyno vid for the Bassline 3k Amp btw:

GL getting your MD to magically not need ~243 amps while also still providing power to your others amplifiers.

Yes, record a video where 63-64VAC is recorded from your sub amp for more than 3 seconds. Maybe you have a stack of AGM's to go along with that 95 Amps and then maybe you're drawing additional amperage from them but Ohm's law is a constant and does not magically change the available electricity in a circuit. The only way you'll ever pull 4k watts from a "95 amp alternator" is with a stack of AGM's thrown in for the additional draw.

Just because you have those amps doesn't mean they're able to provide their rated power. I really think you're just trolling due to your boredom. At minimum, not even taking into account the efficiency of those amps you'd need 277 amps of power to produce 4000 Watts @ 14.4 volts and thats at 100% efficiency which doesn't exist in car audio. In reality its much closer to 300 amps @ 4000 Watts.

I've two AGM's if that matters. 1/0 ofc big three. Remember, my car doesn't have a lot of other electrical (headlights, taillights, and fuel pump). The amps are rated over 4k, sorry.

I've two AGM's if that matters. 1/0 ofc big three. Remember, my car doesn't have a lot of other electrical (headlights, taillights, and fuel pump). The amps are rated over 4k, sorry.

It does, it makes a world of difference. Your amp may be able to provide rated power as a result but during extended listening times with heavy music you will eventually see voltage drop as the batteries drain due to the alternator not being able to keep up.

What does the MD pull? It seemed to work fine when we put a meter on it. MD's are rated at 12.6. MD pulls over rated wattage. MD1800 pulled over 2,200 on the dyno.

I can't find any dyno's for the MD3000 - Only the MD1800 @ 2 ohms, 13.75VDC - Provided 2476 Watts of power @ 64% efficiency. Which equals 281 amps of draw.

Making a lot of assumptions, but with 95 Amp alternator and 2 AGM's you'll probably get 5-10 minutes of max (non clipped/distorted) volume before voltage drop/clipping begins to occur. Depending on AGM size.

It does, it makes a world of difference. Your amp may be able to provide rated power as a result but during extended listening times with heavy music you will eventually see voltage drop as the batteries drain due to the alternator not being able to keep up.

I can't find any dyno's for the MD3000 - Only the MD1800 @ 2 ohms, 13.75VDC - Provided 2476 Watts of power @ 64% efficiency. Which equals 281 amps of draw.

View attachment 20029

Making a lot of assumptions, but with 95 Amp alternator and 2 AGM's you'll probably get 5-10 minutes of max (non clipped/distorted) volume before voltage drop/clipping begins to occur. Depending on AGM size.

MD1800 over 2,700 on the dyno. If my car is on, I never drop below 12.6. We metered it from the windshield and doors open if that matters. He was on team Fi.
20200127_175300.jpg

lol this is just sad now. You are not getting more than 1500w out of the MD1.8k.

I was getting around 8-10kw out of my bass 12k at .5 and I get around 10kw with my current hd15k at .5 - I also have 400a of idle alternator output along with batteries and caps so your stock alternator is literally choking that amp, not to mention the fact that after rise and everything the power is at best 1/2 of what the amp dyno shows

If you know so much, clamp the ******* thing.

lol this is just sad now. You are not getting more than 1500w out of the MD1.8k.

I was getting around 8-10kw out of my bass 12k at .5 and I get around 10kw with my current hd15k at .5 - I also have 400a of idle alternator output along with batteries and caps so your stock alternator is literally choking that amp, not to mention the fact that after rise and everything the power is at best 1/2 of what the amp dyno shows

I'm running a MD3K. The MD line is rated at 12.6, that's why I chose it. I knew my electrical was limited because of the available alternators. I don't have a stock alternator. I have the biggest available for my car. My gain is about 40-50% right now.

I'm running a MD3K. The MD line is rated at 12.6, that's why I chose it. I knew my electrical was limited because of the available alternators. I don't have a stock alternator. I have the biggest available for my car. My gain is about 40-50% right now.
Uh okay? I've had my gain at 20% before and clamped nearly 10kw. It's not a volume knob, you should know this.

You might get close to 2k out of the md3k in a short burp at your tuning frequency but I'd be willing to bet you aren't getting more than 1500w. Especially considering your electrical is dogshit. There's a reason you buy an oversized amp, not to say "oh look at me with my big boy amp" but to say "yeah after rise I'm getting enough power to match my drivers"

From words of ridicule to help me with my electrical.
Jesus Christ just stop being a tool
Doubt that's going to happen. You really hate those dislikes huh? You've called me out several times for it. Keep being a tool I'll keep dislike when you are.

Last edited:

He won't, last thread something like this came up he was saying he didn't know how to upload to Youtube or he was pissing off his neighbors or something. It's not like you couldn't drive to an empty area/parking lot and test there.

IMHO he just likes being a parking lot high school boy screaming about his MAX POWER RATING to anyone who will listen.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Bobbytwonames

5,000+ posts
Trigger Man!
Bobbytwonames
Vegas
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date