Words of Instant Ridicule

OP
Bobbytwonames

Bobbytwonames

Professional Fisherman 🎣
Aug 28, 2018
lol this is just sad now. You are not getting more than 1500w out of the MD1.8k.

I was getting around 8-10kw out of my bass 12k at .5 and I get around 10kw with my current hd15k at .5 - I also have 400a of idle alternator output along with batteries and caps so your stock alternator is literally choking that amp, not to mention the fact that after rise and everything the power is at best 1/2 of what the amp dyno shows

If you know so much, clamp the ******* thing.
I'm running a MD3K. The MD line is rated at 12.6, that's why I chose it. I knew my electrical was limited because of the available alternators. I don't have a stock alternator. I have the biggest available for my car. My gain is about 40-50% right now.

• Dislike
Reactions: fithwheel

wew lad

wew lad inc
Mar 22, 2015
VA
I'm running a MD3K. The MD line is rated at 12.6, that's why I chose it. I knew my electrical was limited because of the available alternators. I don't have a stock alternator. I have the biggest available for my car. My gain is about 40-50% right now.
Uh okay? I've had my gain at 20% before and clamped nearly 10kw. It's not a volume knob, you should know this.

You might get close to 2k out of the md3k in a short burp at your tuning frequency but I'd be willing to bet you aren't getting more than 1500w. Especially considering your electrical is dogshit. There's a reason you buy an oversized amp, not to say "oh look at me with my big boy amp" but to say "yeah after rise I'm getting enough power to match my drivers"

Reactions: 02WS6

fithwheel

Dec 8, 2017
indiana
From words of ridicule to help me with my electrical.
Jesus Christ just stop being a tool
Doubt that's going to happen. You really hate those dislikes huh? You've called me out several times for it. Keep being a tool I'll keep dislike when you are.

Last edited:

02WS6

Gif Guy and Bobby's BFF
Jan 12, 2020
Sacramento
If you know so much, clamp the ******* thing.
He won't, last thread something like this came up he was saying he didn't know how to upload to Youtube or he was pissing off his neighbors or something. It's not like you couldn't drive to an empty area/parking lot and test there.

IMHO he just likes being a parking lot high school boy screaming about his MAX POWER RATING to anyone who will listen.

Reactions: wew lad
OP
Bobbytwonames

Bobbytwonames

Professional Fisherman 🎣
Aug 28, 2018
He won't, last thread something like this came up he was saying he didn't know how to upload to Youtube or he was pissing off his neighbors or something. It's not like you couldn't drive to an empty area/parking lot and test there.

IMHO he just likes being a parking lot high school boy screaming about his MAX POWER RATING to anyone who will listen.
I did drive to an empty parking lot and film and post videos. Sorry if I misspoke. The amps are rated over 4k at 12.6. No tweets hooked up during this video.

Last edited:

02WS6

Gif Guy and Bobby's BFF
Jan 12, 2020
Sacramento
I did drive to an empty parking lot and film and post videos. Sorry if I misspoke. The amps are rated over 4k at 12.6.

You know that rated power is only 1 piece of a very large equation right?

Input power, input signal, impedance, box rise, audio source, and frequencies being played at any given second along with volume level set at the HU. A 1k watt Amp doesn't make 1K watts all the time, (unless its class A but that a whole other bag) only when it receives enough power and enough signal will it "amplify" that signal up to 1k watts of power. As soon as the song changes or you lower the volume the amp is no longer producing 'rated' power. You may have over 4k RMS rated but rarely if ever will you ever see full rated output unless you play a mult-freq test tone at whatever gain % you set your volume to.

Edit to add: You added a video - What is your Vmeter connected to? Battery direct or to your HU?

OP
Bobbytwonames

Bobbytwonames

Professional Fisherman 🎣
Aug 28, 2018
You know that rated power is only 1 piece of a very large equation right?

Input power, input signal, impedance, box rise, audio source, and frequencies being played at any given second along with volume level set at the HU. A 1k watt Amp doesn't make 1K watts all the time, (unless its class A but that a whole other bag) only when it receives enough power and enough signal will it "amplify" that signal up to 1k watts of power. As soon as the song changes or you lower the volume the amp is no longer producing 'rated' power. You may have over 4k RMS rated but rarely if ever will you ever see full rated output unless you play a mult-freq test tone at whatever gain % you set your volume to.

Edit to add: You added a video - What is your Vmeter connected to? Battery direct or to your HU?
Connected to the battery. What would the difference be?

02WS6

Gif Guy and Bobby's BFF
Jan 12, 2020
Sacramento
Connected to the battery. What would the difference be?
If its direct connected it will give you the actual battery voltage. Most connect somewhere to their car's harness which provides the voltage after the cars voltage regulator gets involved which doesn't provide as accurate of a reading. If its connected directly to the battery then it doesn't shut off without its own switch. Most connect to a switched power source and all of those are downstream of the vehicle's regulator.

OP
Bobbytwonames

Bobbytwonames

Professional Fisherman 🎣
Aug 28, 2018
If its direct connected it will give you the actual battery voltage. Most connect somewhere to their car's harness which provides the voltage after the cars voltage regulator gets involved which doesn't provide as accurate of a reading. If its connected directly to the battery then it doesn't shut off without its own switch. Most connect to a switched power source and all of those are downstream of the vehicle's regulator.
My meter is on 24/7. So, I don't know if that tells you anything. I could be wrong. I've never actually traced the wires connection. I just assumed it was to the battery since it is on 24/7.

OP
Bobbytwonames

Bobbytwonames

Professional Fisherman 🎣
Aug 28, 2018
No hate brotha... I gave ya that design didn't I?
The design for the box was from Shredder2. Fithwheel follows me like he's my little puppy dog. If I ever stop moving, he would end up a half mile up my ass.

OP
Bobbytwonames

Bobbytwonames

Professional Fisherman 🎣
Aug 28, 2018
Certain words and advice on here are instant death by the typewriter police.
1. Skar
2. Pre-fab
3. Soundstream
4. Any cheap amp brand (autotek, performance tecknique, audiobahn, etc....)
5. Rear fill
6. Coaxials in the front doors
7. Stock Head Unit or LOC
8. Two different subs the same size
9. Audiopipe

Audiopipe has been added

OP
Bobbytwonames

Bobbytwonames

Professional Fisherman 🎣
Aug 28, 2018
ya... Im on my new phone as Oldmang... Lost my old phone... Can't remember my password so cant logon by phone.
Mods seem non-existent or unresponsive to ask for a reset password... Oh well... Mobile acct and desktop acct.
So, if you are Shredder2, I owe you. You were then when I prolly didn't deserve it. I was being a dick and arrogant. I knew everything , but was really dumb as a stump. Now, I have to live with that first impression. That is my fault, and, I own that. But, I will stand up to bullying and disrespect. So, are you Shredder2?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)

Trending topics

Latest classifieds