woofer excursion

^^ I've never seen so much information given without a shred of evidence to prove it. This is even worse coming from the most laughed-at man on CA.com.
dude what the hell is there to prove? its common sence, do you know anything?

in a ported box ... the sub (using the same amount of watts) will be louder using less excursion at resonance than using more excursion away from resonance...

lemme rephrase... at resonance... the sub is loudest using the least excursion...

what do you want me to prove? the sky is blue? just open ur ****in eyes

Well he didn't really say anything too incorrect.
I think xmax should be replaced with xmech in this case though.
i said what i said only beacause in my setup (sealed) i very commonly reach Xmax so its a big concern in my daily system, whereas it wouldn't be a concern for an SPL setup....

ps: i did use the correct article before (SPL)

Cot, you're almost there. Just work on the delivery... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Cot, you're almost there. Just work on the delivery... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
lol well honestly i'd rather not talk ****, but sometimes i'm not left with an option

****, that must have hit home with him... he watched the forum for a while then said nothing and left... he was quick to dish out some **** but wasn't too good at taking it...

I'm so sorry for going to eat dinner.

I have nothing in retaliation for you. What is the point? I wasn't even being that much of a jerk in this thread lol. I didn't realize you were so sensitive from the reaming you've gotten on here in the past.

I'm so sorry for going to eat dinner.
I have nothing in retaliation for you. What is the point? I wasn't even being that much of a jerk in this thread lol. I didn't realize you were so sensitive from the reaming you've gotten on here in the past.
yeah i'm pretty sick of **** like yours. the point is i said something valid, you have trashed it, and have no reason to and can't back your **** talk with a single comment much less a fact...

xmax is more rlavent in a sealed enclouser right?
Large Xmax is better utilized in a sealed enclosure, but it is equally relevant in both; once it is exceeded, you are losing output instead of gaining.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.