Up or down fire sub??

Participant count
  • Participant list

TahoeTexan
10+ year member

I am building a box to fit under the rear seat of an 07 Tundra DoubleCab. The box will be about 20" D x 14" W x 5" T (probably not ideal, but it fits perfectly). I am going to load it with an SQ10 (please no flaming, it was cheap and fit. I'll probably upgrade to Kicker or Pioneer later).

Question is, should I down fire or up fire the sub? Most people seem to down fire, but I just want to make sure before I cut the hole.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

I have confirmed through JL that these subs have just over 1inch xmech. As long as there is 1inch clearance in front of the front edge of the...
Cool down, bro. and have a happy thanksgiving. I was merely inquiring in response to someone else's post that cautioned about clicking on the...
I got it to work, I was plugging in the subwoofer while the amp had power. I unhooked the remote turn on lead, then all speakers plugged in, then...
yall. I unplugged the radio harness and the antenna and plugged it all back in and it works. I guess its fixed… suppose it was the head unit...
Yes, the power wires' colors don't match from the dash to the new harness. However, I tested them and the wire I'm treating as the constant 12v is...

About this thread

TahoeTexan

10+ year member
TahoeTexan
Reno, eNVy
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from