Wolfram w-4500.1 Pre-order $600

$100,000 Builds is meaningless, unless your doing 1000 builds of $100,000 or more. Bewith is Japanese... you do know Japan is in Asia right? lol
Again, if you want INNOVATION you need the masses to demand it. Do you know why Car audio was bigger in the 80's and 90's? Because stock systems were horrendous and factory radio's stopped working after a year or two of car ownership, mixed with terrible speakers and lack of placement in the vehicle... You simply don't have that today..
Ok you seem to not be getting it.

DSP/AMP combos. Audison full D/A.

There’s a big world out there if you get out of the basshead bubble. It blew my mind.

But there really is only so much you can do. Smaller is the trend now, Mosconi Pico.

Look at RS audios speakers. Amazing designs and materials.

You really should look up pictures from EMMA.

Ok you seem to not be getting it. DSP/AMP combos. Audison full D/A.

There’s a big world out there if you get out of the basshead bubble. It blew my mind.

But there really is only so much you can do. Smaller is the trend now, Mosconi Pico.

Look at RS audios speakers. Amazing designs and materials.

You really should look up pictures from EMMA.
I'm not in a basshead bubble. I am in full reality, sure you have niche products with DSP/Amp combo's have not been anything new in the Audio world. It's still not mainstream in the Car Audio world, and honestly will never be mainstream in this industry unless its full plug and play. Or 100% Automated like Dirac in the Home Audio world.

I think your missing my point Los. The aftermarket for car audio is DYING. Sure you will always have niche stuff, and you said and got me to go look at is nice NICHE stuff. DSP Combo's will never earn you floor space in big box retail (And that is dying quicker than Car Audio), nor will Audio shops start popping up because of demand over anything you saw at EMMA. And yes RS Audio makes nice stuff... but high end niche doesn't do anything to bring this industry back. You think a set of Magico tower speakers (For the low price of $36,000 per set) gets the typical consumer to go with a full separates system over a Soundbar and a wireless subwoofer in the Home Theater world?

Companies go where the money is PERIOD... The stuff you mentioned makes NO MONEY in the grand scheme of things...

I'm not in a basshead bubble. I am in full reality, sure you have niche products with DSP/Amp combo's have not been anything new in the Audio world. It's still not mainstream in the Car Audio world, and honestly will never be mainstream in this industry unless its full plug and play. Or 100% Automated like Dirac in the Home Audio world.
I think your missing my point Los. The aftermarket for car audio is DYING. Sure you will always have niche stuff, and you said and got me to go look at is nice NICHE stuff. DSP Combo's will never earn you floor space in big box retail (And that is dying quicker than Car Audio), nor will Audio shops start popping up because of demand over anything you saw at EMMA. And yes RS Audio makes nice stuff... but high end niche doesn't do anything to bring this industry back. You think a set of Magico tower speakers (For the low price of $36,000 per set) gets the typical consumer to go with a full separates system over a Soundbar and a wireless subwoofer in the Home Theater world?

Companies go where the money is PERIOD... The stuff you mentioned makes NO MONEY in the grand scheme of things...
Oh I agree car audio in itself is not as big as it once was. But I still hear bass drive behind my house every 15 minutes

The market has changed and that’s the innovation. Some are getting into that market(DD), some are not(Sundown).

I'd argue the point that as technologies become more understandable and cheaper that the online marketplace would allow business to thrive. $400-500+ for a quality DSP is not the price the consumers are looking for

I'd argue the point that as technologies become more understandable and cheaper that the online marketplace would allow business to thrive. $400-500+ for a quality DSP is not the price the consumers are looking for
Agreed, because in order for it make a HUGE difference for the common ear and be worth it for the average person, they are going to need to spend another $2k on other gear.

No but they will spend $1200 on a W7 and $600 on ****** speakers.

Then they go to an event and get whooped by a car with $1000 total in it.

Agreed, because in order for it make a HUGE difference for the common ear and be worth it for the average person, they are going to need to spend another $2k on other gear.
The average person thinks Bose and beats are top of the line. Ignorance is bliss.

Yes we are the .01% of this market.

Did USA run out of ideas for car audio? Subs and amps in general?
Companies arent going to put the time/money into something that doesnt have a huge demand anymore. What can be really so groundbreaking? surely not bigger drivers and massive amps. Id say your average person 9/10 times is likely running no more than 2krms and a pair of 8/10/12/15s. Its all reached its peak and its going to stay like that and if anything just get smaller with time. The people on the forums is just the 1% of car audio but just extremism to the hobby. Subwoofers and amps will always be around but from what I see and talked with Car audio shop is companies are more focused on the OEM side. Aftermarket headunits are no where near as popular as they once was simply because people want to keep their factory bluetooth/touchscreen and go with a processor. I feel processors sales will skyrocket in the next 5 years.

Car audio has definitely died down. I remember in the early 2000s you couldn't go 5-10 minutes without hearing a car with a system, it was the norm. Now days I rarely hear a car with a system, it seems so "out of place" compared to how it used to be. I fear people would actually call the cops about it these days.

Car audio has definitely died down. I remember in the early 2000s you couldn't go 5-10 minutes without hearing a car with a system, it was the norm. Now days I rarely hear a car with a system, it seems so "out of place" compared to how it used to be. I fear people would actually call the cops about it these days.
I miss the old days

You can frame it like I'm expecting the prices to be so low with no justification, but lets be real here, the technology is behind and people are still trying to capitalize it. The price of just about everything else that's an electronic drops off sharply as new technology becomes more common. That's just the trend, I want to know why its defying that trend
Why is it brazil, of all places, that's pushing out better and cheaper amplifiers? (better is arguable, but that's not the point)
The price of an amplifier or loudspeaker is pretty well fixed at the cost of materials. Again, who is making money rebadging a Korean 4K amp and selling it for 600$? The "company" who slaps their brand name on it might see 50$ profit per amp after all is said and done, the buildhouse probably makes less still; everything from the aluminum heatsink to electronics components (transistors, resistors, caps, transformers) is pretty much a commodity so likely whoever is making all that is operating on very slim margins. The only really evolving technology is the class D chips and op amps which by and large aren't game changing and I suspect you're getting in newer amps.

Loudspeakers the same. The cost of steel, magnets, paper, rubber, and copper/aluminum hasn't changed at all. The only savings we saw there was to cut out the first world manufacturing (labor and overhead) cost to be replaced by shipping costs which all throughout the industry probably add up to a significant portion of the price tag on anything.

This isn't cell phones or a laptop where you get dramatic gains in speed or space every year. In fact the closest thing to that is head units which by and large are incredibly cheap today for what they do and every year bare bones models do more and more.

So tell us, who is being "greedy" here and making all this money off of this stuff? What great technology is being held back from us due to greedy corporations?

As far as why Brazil, why not? They're third world so labor is cheap and they have a fair bit of local demand. They're not making a full bridge amp any cheaper than China or Korea could. Call up an engineer and get them to design a full bridge amp for you and shop out the design to a Chinese buildhouse and I bet you can sell them cheaper than Brazil can at the same quality. Those amps are cheap because they use a small heatsink and few components not because whoever owns those companies is benevolent and giving away amps.

So what is it that you feel you're being cheated out of or paying for and not getting? Particularly after you admitted that you aren't actually willing to pay for first world engineering or manufacture. I'm very confident that there's engineers who can do a whole lot if you had the money but your being willing to pay gutter prices for what they create today 5 years from now when China steals their designs doesn't give them a lot of incentive to develop and prototype things today.

The price of an amplifier or loudspeaker is pretty well fixed at the cost of materials. Again, who is making money rebadging a Korean 4K amp and selling it for 600$? The "company" who slaps their brand name on it might see 50$ profit per amp after all is said and done, the buildhouse probably makes less still; everything from the aluminum heatsink to electronics components (transistors, resistors, caps, transformers) is pretty much a commodity so likely whoever is making all that is operating on very slim margins. The only really evolving technology is the class D chips and op amps which by and large aren't game changing and I suspect you're getting in newer amps.
Loudspeakers the same. The cost of steel, magnets, paper, rubber, and copper/aluminum hasn't changed at all. The only savings we saw there was to cut out the first world manufacturing (labor and overhead) cost to be replaced by shipping costs which all throughout the industry probably add up to a significant portion of the price tag on anything.

This isn't cell phones or a laptop where you get dramatic gains in speed or space every year. In fact the closest thing to that is head units which by and large are incredibly cheap today for what they do and every year bare bones models do more and more.

So tell us, who is being "greedy" here and making all this money off of this stuff? What great technology is being held back from us due to greedy corporations?

As far as why Brazil, why not? They're third world so labor is cheap and they have a fair bit of local demand. They're not making a full bridge amp any cheaper than China or Korea could. Call up an engineer and get them to design a full bridge amp for you and shop out the design to a Chinese buildhouse and I bet you can sell them cheaper than Brazil can at the same quality. Those amps are cheap because they use a small heatsink and few components not because whoever owns those companies is benevolent and giving away amps.

So what is it that you feel you're being cheated out of or paying for and not getting? Particularly after you admitted that you aren't actually willing to pay for first world engineering or manufacture. I'm very confident that there's engineers who can do a whole lot if you had the money but your being willing to pay gutter prices for what they create today 5 years from now when China steals their designs doesn't give them a lot of incentive to develop and prototype things today.
Only comment from me on this is a 600$ amp that is "moving" in terms of selling, you are looking at more then 50$ an amp profit.
Theres a difference of a order of say 20 compared to an order of 100+...

Tooling and material cost get discounted a bit for large quantities due to the build house building more within a hour.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.