Wolfram w-4500.1 Pre-order $600

Why not banda or prv?
Just curious //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fro.gif.c695f1f814b01c4ad99fe7f8cccadd29.gif
I'm not 100% on Banda and maybe its just not seeing the whole picture to be honest... The lower wattage Banda's (Sub 3K RMS) are a terrible value, and the higher RMS Viking's I have seen more blown ones than functional... Again this could be perception vs reality...

As for PRV, I was discussing PRV with another Amp tester (I won't name who) and he had a PRV3500 go up in smoke while testing at 1ohm. Apparently PRV used a Stetsom board and was heavily overrated... I very much trust his opinion and he was not a fan.

Now idk whether to get this or the orion xtr4000.1d, someone should bench this amp.
Wolfram said I could Dyno it when it comes in. Based on the board it will do 5K at clipping on the dyno.

At $599 it's a better value than the Orion XTR4K and will have a better Subsonic Filter.

Too much money? Only ones cheaper and somewhat reliable are the Brazilians... and even with them I would only go with Taramps or Sounddigital.
It's the cost and size, you just can't beat a brazilian in price and size when compared to koreans.

It's also my bias against the ludicrous amounts of people who do literally 0 design work on an amp and just stick their name on it saying things like "In other words, you're not going to find a stronger, harder working amplifier in its class"

I'm irked by the entire lack of development because of money hungry companies taking the easy road. Why would I spend MORE money on something outdated just so the money can go into someones pocket, not the development of better technology? This is the main reason I'd ever consider buying sundown subwoofers

It's the cost and size, you just can't beat a brazilian in price and size when compared to koreans.
It's also my bias against the ludicrous amounts of people who do literally 0 design work on an amp and just stick their name on it saying things like "In other words, you're not going to find a stronger, harder working amplifier in its class"

I'm irked by the entire lack of development because of money hungry companies taking the easy road. Why would I spend MORE money on something outdated just so the money can go into someones pocket, not the development of better technology? This is the main reason I'd ever consider buying sundown subwoofers
Sure you can. Look at the DS18 Pro Full Range line. 9500rms at 1ohm 14.4v but its the size of a most 3500/4500 amps. Great price too. Its Korean built full bridge. Still does like 7k rms at 14.4 and 4 ohms

Sure you can. Look at the DS18 Pro Full Range line. 9500rms at 1ohm 14.4v but its the size of a most 3500/4500 amps. Great price too. Its Korean built full bridge. Still does like 7k rms at 14.4 and 4 ohms
That's even newer than brazilian and my comments were made without any consideration for korean full bridge because they haven't taken off as far as I can tell.

**** like this certainly doesnt bode well with me though:

https://www.amazon.com/DS18-Z-9K1D-Monoblock-Performance-Amplifier/dp/B06Y41QM7R/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_107_t_0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=CNZ2TP2ZKHBKNA86VY44

I don't like the Orion... does it have a set SSF like the 2500?
I believe it does, it shares the same manual as the 2500.

Wolfram said I could Dyno it when it comes in. Based on the board it will do 5K at clipping on the dyno.
At $599 it's a better value than the Orion XTR4K and will have a better Subsonic Filter.
Nice. I'm subscribed to the channel so I'll be looking out for it. I'm definitely leaning towards the Wolfram now. I just hope the pricing stays close by he time I order one.

Wolfram amp looks like a beast on the Orion just because it shares a manual doesn't mean they have the same crossovers my vfl comp 4K shares a manual with all the comp amps and everything under the 4K is only stable to 16 volts 4K and above is stable to 18 plus there are several other differences that are stated in the manual also my Rockford Fosgate Punch 700x shares a manual with a few other amps and they have differences as well

But just to be clear I would take the Wolfram over the Orion all day long wish I could have got this for 600 instead of my vfl 4 K's for 750 it's night and day difference between them my amps use a 3.5k board and these amps use a 5k board

But just to be clear I would take the Wolfram over the Orion all day long wish I could have got this for 600 instead of my vfl 4 K's for 750 it's night and day difference between them my amps use a 3.5k board and these amps use a 5k board
Ok its a n o brainer at this point after reading that and just finding out they are local and do 10% off military.

I can see your point. However I will say, the R&D from Korea actually seems to be from the buildhouse nowadays instead of the OE companies.... I almost consider the Importers and their brands as a Distributor for companies like Zenon rather than Brands themselves... But that's a fault of the market in this country. Car Audio is dying here so companies in this country are not investing in it. Think of the BIG companies and where their focus is... RF, Kicker, Harman (JBL, Infinity), etc... CES used to be chock full of new products from them... Now.. hardly anything ever new.. A practical ghost town... Why because their innovation is on the OEM new vehicle side...

BUT, In Brazil and South America, and to a degree Russia the car audio market is thriving, which is why you are seeing so much innovation in Amp technology from Brazil and subwoofers and specialty products from Russia.

Hell Sounddigital just showed off the most ridiculous demo of a marine amp I have ever seen. They fully submerged it, pulled it out of the water and it continued to work... Now that is innovative.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.