Wolfram audio

The 3k is same board as c2 recon 2.6k.

The guy local to me with 4500 loves his. Has it on 2 mayhem 18s at 0.5, and for what its worth, has gotten more power out of the wolfram than his Addictive Fix 500.1, which are very hit and miss on quality

At the time I bought them I was looking for something around 3.5k, and wanted Korean amps. I was told they were the same as the vfl 200.1. when I got them I opened them up and the boards look identical to me, but I really don't know s*** about amp guts ( especially the difference between good components and bad components ) except what I see in the pictures on the internet and what I've read, so I was happy, considering amps with similar boards were going for anywhere from 8 to 900 on the internet at the time, and I paid 750 each. but after seeing some fall short on the dyno and a few other fishy things, not sure that they will live up to the 200.1 Legacy.

The 3k is same board as c2 recon 2.6k.
The guy local to me with 4500 loves his. Has it on 2 mayhem 18s at 0.5, and for what its worth, has gotten more power out of the wolfram than his Addictive Fix 500.1, which are very hit and miss on quality
all of them that I encountered have been a complete miss, even the ones that was taken to zed's shop and fixed by zed audio himself.

At the time I bought them I was looking for something around 3.5k, and wanted Korean amps. I was told they were the same as the vfl 200.1. when I got them I opened them up and the boards look identical to me, but I really don't know s*** about amp guts ( especially the difference between good components and bad components ) except what I see in the pictures on the internet and what I've read, so I was happy, considering amps with similar boards were going for anywhere from 8 to 900 on the internet at the time, and I paid 750 each. but after seeing some fall short on the dyno and a few other fishy things, not sure that they will live up to the 200.1 Legacy.
literally could have bought yourself a taramps bass 15k, vital power 700.1, or twisted sounds/synergy and got way more for your money.

I'm 100% all for boycotting american bass amps until they get their sh*t together, its been relatively trash tier amps for trash tier pricing.

all of them that I encountered have been a complete miss, even the ones that was taken to zed's shop and fixed by zed audio himself.
The Fix was just a terrible design. Steve at amp medics was the authorized repair shop for them and told me they normally fail so catastrophically that the board can't even be saved.

I've sent known unreliable amps to Stephen Mantz and he will tell you that short of completely redesigning the whole thing it'll be a time bomb be matter what he does.

Fortunately Korea has made many of these big amps more reliable lately but IMO they're still a gamble along with the full bridge stuff from Brazil.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.