wish i was better at this stuff

Participant count
  • Participant list
Originally posted by nick3470 i need to know

if i have a 300rmsx2 @ 2ohm, 600x1 @4 ohm amp

and i wanted to get 2 ed k's

would it be better if i bought the single 4 ohm or dual 4 ohm versions, and how would i wire this setup?
you will get good in time..

no one was born an installer.

As for your subs, does it go lower than 4ohms mono?

ED K's has 4 versions, SVC 2,4ohms, DVC 2, 4ohms. Dual 4 ohm subs in parallel wiring would give you the 4 ohms that you need with the option to wire into another config should you ever need to. I should think, according to other posts in the forum, that 300w RMS is adequate per sub but it is known to take mroe than that. I guess it should be, it's not an XXX or anything...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

http://www.edesignaudio.com/ep/wiringtut.htm

Originally posted by paikiah you will get good in time..

no one was born an installer.

you are wrong...i was....j/k

jus wire as follows for a 4ohm mono load.....

spk2dvcs.gif

Originally posted by Goddyd4me you are wrong...i was....j/k

Ah, take Mike's case...

his son wasn't born an installer, but Mike can sure as hell help his son start ridiculously early...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

some kids have all the luck.. my dad own cement companies. Fat load of good that would do for car audio.

lol....i do hope my kid takes an interst in car audio....cause if thats the case....i can justify gettting all kinds of stuff for the car w/ my wife......heh

Originally posted by Goddyd4me lol....i do hope my kid takes an interst in car audio....cause if thats the case....i can justify gettting all kinds of stuff for the car w/ my wife......heh
Mike i hope that comes true for you, look at me pulled apart everything i owned when i was 3, car audio / home audio 9, CB 12, ham Radio 13, 14 taking things further.

so if your sone goes on that track he will be makin you go bankrupt by 10 heh.

-Mike

ask my parents, they didnt have to wait till i was 10, i have an older brother that made em broke long before that(4 yrs older)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.