Wiring up 3 ohm components.......

Participant count
  • Participant list

DJ FURY
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
US
I was thinking about running a set or 2 of boston acoustic pro series components.My question is how can i wire them up to my 4 channel amp since they are 3 ohms?ill start off with one set but ill eventually get the sec.can i wire up the one set or do i need them.Just figured id ask since i have no experience with 3 ohm voice coils.

wiring a speaker to each channel will give u 4 3ohm loads and since most amps are stable atleast to 2ohms, you should be fine, the amp will produce about half way in between the power of 2 and 4 ohms

doesn't matter, if you just get 1 set first then you will only be using 2 channels of the amp (same ohm loads) and if you get 2 sets then you will be using all four channels

So no matter what my 4 channel will have no problem with these 3 ohm components?What do u think of these components?No matter if i start out with one set or not i should eb ok?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.