Honda CRV Amp Installation

Participant count
  • Participant list

jmmonzon

I am planning to install my Alpine 3542 amplifier in my Honda 99 CRV but I dont know where I can exactly run the power cable into the car. I checked the hood this morning for places I can insert a power cable but could not find any. Any suggestions will surely be appreciated. Pictures are most definitely going to help.

Also, if I install the amplifier under the drivers seat, is there a specific place I should be careful in screwing the amplifier?

The power will easily run through the round gromet just under the battery on the passenger side of the firewall. It is a few inches towards the center of the car from the battery and about 6 inches below it.

Because of the power wire going through the passenger side I would recommend putting the amp either in the back or under the passenger seat. There is nothing under the passsanger seat to worry about drilling into, but there may not be enough clearance under the seat to allow it to slide all the way forward once the amp is installed.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.