wiring question

Participant count
  • Participant list

anybodykilla200
10+ year member

Compton
aright im trying to wire my pair of Audiobahn AW1200Q's to make my amp see a 4-ohm load, now the subs are dual 4-ohm but the problem im having is that there are 8 terminals on each sub, theres 2 neg.s on both sides and 2 positives on each side now i know why the extras are there its so that instead of twisting the wires and jaming them into one terminal they give you too to work with but if im wiring them to see a 4-ohm load how do i do it? Thanks for your help everyone

The 2 pos. & neg you see is for each voice coil. On each sub, run one of the neg. terminals to one of the pos. terminals. This should leave you with a pos. & neg. wire coming from each sub.( This will make each sub 8 Ohms) . Then wire the pos. from each sub together then each neg. together. This should give you a 4 ohm load.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.