Wiring Mono Block Parallel

XplodX
10+ year member

I have posted this question before but i still dont get how to wire my Xplod Mobile ES Xm-6001GXD mono block 1000watt amp Parallel to my 2 single voice coil 4 ohm 12's.

The reason is that even though this is a mono amp their are 2 sets of positive and negative terminals on the amp. any help would be greatly appriciated.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

im thinking youd just use the positive terminal from the one side and the negative from the other, could be wrong but thats how parallel usually works.

and i have no clue why youd have two sets of terminals on a mono?

Often times monoblock amps have more than one terminal if you don't plan to wire your subs in parallel. If you don't use the other terminals, I don't think, it has any affect on the output power of the amp. If it's a 1000 watt d class amp, which has 4 terminals (2 positive, 2 negative) and just use two terminals, 1000 watts is still going just to that one channel. If you have two 4 ohm SVC subs, and you'd like a 2ohm load on the amp, You'd take a positive from the amp, to the positive of one sub. A negative from the amp to the negative terminal of the first sub again. And then, you take the + from the first sub terminal, and go to the + of the second sub terminal. The - from the first sub terminal to the - of the second sub terminal. If I'm wrong about the amp thing, feel free to pipe in.

the second set of terminals on the amp is for wiring convenience. it does not matter if you use it or not. just hook one set of terminals on the amp to the first sub (plus to plus and neg to neg) and then do the same for the other set of terminals and the second sub. this will wire the two subs in parallel because the two sets of terminals on the amp are combined inside the amp.

Lets get this right.

I think Mark_ab is right, So all + & - need to go together

FROM THE AMP

TO THE FIRST SUB

FROM THE FIRST SUB

TO THE SECOND SUB

But I don't think you need to switch + & - around. As this would send it out of phase wouldn't it????

Please correct me if I am wrong

Mark is correct JBL does the same thing they outputs are connected internally so though you really only have one channel it makes it easier to connect two or more speakers.

Mike

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.