Cody012231

CarAudio.com Newbie
Idaho
Hello all. Need your input.

Pioneer avh 3300nex
Alpine r-s65c.2 front with crossover/tweeter
Alpine s-s40 rear
Pioneer Gm-D8704 amp

Never installed an amp before. Need help knowing what wiring kit I need to get this set up running. No sub. Just fronts 6.5" with tweeter/crossover and rears with 4". Amazon/ebay.

Assuming I need to run new speaker wire?

Just get some 9 Wire Stinger Wire. For the amount of watts you are running you don't need to run new speaker wire. It incorporates all 8 speaker wires plus a remote turn on wire. You run it from the amplifier to the aftermarket wiring harness. Instead of attaching the head unit speaker wires to that harness you connect the 9 wire speaker wires to the aftermarket harness instead and it utilizes the stock OEM wiring. Most wiring these days can handle 100 watts easily. I have the model before that of that amplifier installed in my 2003 Ford Explorer a GM-D8604. Same amplifier just new casing is all.

If you are just going to do a 4 channel with and those speakers then find a 4 gauge OFC kit as you will also need 4 channel rca's. Personally I just switched to these rca's from Sky High 4 channel for 28 bucks and they are OFC as well. From there you just need a ANL fuse at the battery and then a distribution block in back if you ever decide to upgrade to a subwoofer setup. If you are ever going to upgrade to a subwoofer in the back then 1/0 OFC power and ground. But whatever you find for a kit get OFC for the wire. And nice thing with that 9 Wire Stinger Wire it has the remote turn on built in so no need to run that separately.

9 Wire speaker Wire

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LXI9LBI/?tag=caraudiocom-20

4 channel OFC rca's

NVX, Sky High Car Audio, KnuKonceptz, Stinger and a few others all make OFC kits. NVX has a complete OFC kit with 4 channel rca's on Sonicelectronix for 109.99 then you would just need that 9 Wire Stinger Wire. Never want to cheap out on power, ground and rca's.

Just get some 9 Wire Stinger Wire. For the amount of watts you are running you don't need to run new speaker wire. It incorporates all 8 speaker wires plus a remote turn on wire. You run it from the amplifier to the aftermarket wiring harness. Instead of attaching the head unit speaker wires to that harness you connect the 9 wire speaker wires to the aftermarket harness instead and it utilizes the stock OEM wiring. Most wiring these days can handle 100 watts easily. I have the model before that of that amplifier installed in my 2003 Ford Explorer a GM-D8604. Same amplifier just new casing is all.

If you are just going to do a 4 channel with and those speakers then find a 4 gauge OFC kit as you will also need 4 channel rca's. Personally I just switched to these rca's from Sky High 4 channel for 28 bucks and they are OFC as well. From there you just need a ANL fuse at the battery and then a distribution block in back if you ever decide to upgrade to a subwoofer setup. If you are ever going to upgrade to a subwoofer in the back then 1/0 OFC power and ground. But whatever you find for a kit get OFC for the wire. And nice thing with that 9 Wire Stinger Wire it has the remote turn on built in so no need to run that separately.

9 Wire speaker Wire

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LXI9LBI/?tag=caraudiocom-20

4 channel OFC rca's

NVX, Sky High Car Audio, KnuKonceptz, Stinger and a few others all make OFC kits. NVX has a complete OFC kit with 4 channel rca's on Sonicelectronix for 109.99 then you would just need that 9 Wire Stinger Wire. Never want to cheap out on power, ground and rca's.

Thank you for the input. The ofc kits look nice on sonic. Question though. My rear door panels only support 4", if I'm running 45 watt rms speakers in the rear should I just leave them with the head unit and run the other 2 channels to a sub later if I decide? At the moment I don't plan on using a sub but I'm wondering if that's a good choice as I'm not sure if the amp will make a difference with the 4" speakers.

Just run the rear doors off the head unit and get a set of components for the front instead to use on the 4 channel. If you want a subwoofer down the line then switch out that 4 gauge to 1/0 OFC kit instead. And you would want a mono-block anyways for the subwoofer. So you would add in a distribution block for the power and ground which you can add down the line. Those two you can get at amazon for a total of about 40 bucks shipped usually.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...