Wiring Highs/Mids..?

Participant count
  • Participant list

jcavz24x
10+ year member

Florida
I bought infinity kappa 4x6s and 6x9s with a us acoustics 65x4 amp. What i am not to clear on is the speaker wire..Should i rewire the speakers when i put them in with the amp or do i use the wires already there?

If i upgrade, what size should i use?

Chris

its only going to be 65 watts rms per speaker...The reason i ask is bc im not too sure how to hook up the amp to the 4 speakers if i use stock wires. Is there some kind of adapter that connects the 4 ch. amp to the HU then distributes the power to the speakers?

Chris

The factory speaker wires go to your head unit. You won't be using them. When you use an external amp, you have to run your own wires. Take the factory wires and tape them up so they don't rattle or short out. Leave the connectors on them in case you wanna sell the car and put it back to stock.

16 gage speaker wire is fine for that setup. The Kappa's have a crossover box you'll have to locate somewhere near the speakers. Your amp will wire to the input side of the crossover.

Originally posted by maylar The factory speaker wires go to your head unit. You won't be using them. When you use an external amp, you have to run your own wires. Take the factory wires and tape them up so they don't rattle or short out. Leave the connectors on them in case you wanna sell the car and put it back to stock.

16 gage speaker wire is fine for that setup. The Kappa's have a crossover box you'll have to locate somewhere near the speakers. Your amp will wire to the input side of the crossover.
No, ya don't have to run wire to all the speakers, YOU CAN USE THE FACTORY WIRING.

run wire from the amp to the back of the head unit, then disconnect the factory speaker wires from the head unit and cap off outputs from the deck. Next connect the amp wires to the factory wires that go to the speakers, and you're done.(this way will save you the headaches of runnin wire through the door boots).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.