Wiring Help

vinny147

Philly
Hi Everyone,

New member here putting in an amp and speakers for now but I seem to be hitting a rough patching making sure I'm wiring everything up correctly! Hopefully someone here can help.

I have a 2005 Ford Mustang that I recently got and the system is a mess and I only have two speakers going right now. In the diagram below I've excluded wiring to the battery because that's pretty obvious and I don't want to misconstrued my pain point that I need help with.

So here's what's going on, my two front speakers are working and currently wired to my Pioneer touchscreen deck which I'd like to leave as is. In the rear I have 4 speakers but for the life of me I'm not sure how to wire them.

Would the rear right positive wire connect to the first rear right speaker and then continue onto the next right right speaker? Same concept would apply for the negative wire and then do the same for the other side. This would leave the front positive and negative ports on the amp empty. To me this makes sense because then the fader and L&R adjustment settings on my deck would still work correctly.

Some other good info, I do plan on adding a sub and another amp in the future but not for a few months but in the mean time I want all my speakers working.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Vinny

You really need a 6 channel amp but, the two front speakers would be wired to the the two front channels. For the rear, you would run the two rear right speakers together and the two left rear speakers together to the 2 rear channels

Last edited by a moderator:
This would sound so much better if you only hooked up two of the rear speakers and the two front speakers to your amp. Running them off of the head unit they are going to be underpowered compared to the amplified speakers and all the good sound is going to be behind you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This would sound so much better if you only hooked up two of the rear speakers and the two front speakers to your amp. Running them off of the head unit they are going to be underpowered compared to the amplified speakers and all the good sound is going to be behind you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
^^This. I'd be willing to bet the staging would be better as well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.