Amp Installation Help

kcwats97

ohio
Hi. I just got a planet audio 2600 watt 2 channel amp.. I haven't installed **** like this in years. I took the amp out and ready to put it on my box but noticed there is literally no where on the amp to screw into my box. It's decent size. What do I do? This is probably simple for most of you but my biggest problem right now.. Lol.

jhakc9.png

2wn5jdk.png

The 4 holes on the corners of the amp should be your mounting holes. That being said you shouldn't mount the amp to your box. Vibration kills amps, especially the very budget friendly ones. If you're going to do it you should at least go to home depot or lowes and buy some rubber washers to put between the amp and the box to help out a little.

Theu don't go through so I can't mount them. Whats another alternative to mounting it? I don't just wanna set it in the trunk..

Theu don't go through so I can't mount them. Whats another alternative to mounting it? I don't just wanna set it in the trunk..
I've never actually used that brand before but looking at a few more pics and videos it looks like there may be screws in those 4 corners that can be removed to take off the end cap and then you should have access to mounting holes.

ok - I will say it.

OP can you return that amp?

It is 100% pure flea market crap and not worth the effort or time to install in you car.

For a few bucks more you can buy actual decent equipment.

Pics so small and cant click on them to make them bigger=*****

Since it's new, and should come with an owners manual, how about looking thru it for mounting? Some mfgr's have mounting instructions and sometimes provide screws with the amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.