Wiring Help!? Question on Wire Brand & Question on How to Wire 4 Channel

Participant count
  • Participant list

bgolightly82
10+ year member

Ok, so question 1. I currently have a Memphis 1/0 wire kit (super flexible!), its really nice wire (over $200 retail). But I am going to need much more 1/0 and 4 and 8. I was thinking about going with KnuKoncepts (not the Copper Clad Aluminum ****), which I hear is a pretty good wire and way cheaper than the memphis! So my question is, is the KnuKoncepts good enough that I should just buy it in bulk and use just that, then sell the Memphis? Or should I really just bite the $ and buy more Memphis? I'll be running about 3.5k for all. Think the KnuKoncepts is decent enough at that level?

Question 2. I have a set of ID 6.5 Comps, and a set of ID 6x9's (all are 4 ohm / 100 rms) with the Soundstream DTR4.500 (4 channel - 80x4 @ 4 / 125x4 @ 2). So I obviously want to run it at 2 ohms, but how do I wire it to speakers?

I looked at the wiring diagram for it in the manual, but they are just wired to each channel, which wouldn't that just be 4 ohms?

I'd keep the Memphis and run it to a distro black that can't be seen. Then just buy some Knu to run to your amps. That way you can't visually see the two different kinds of wire.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.