Wiring Help Please

Participant count
  • Participant list

bngfan1

I have a 4 channel amp, 1 set of component speakers for the front (w/ xovers), and 1 sub. I am going to keep the stock head unit so I also have a line output converter. I want to run the components and and sub off the amp (sub bridged) and the stock rear speakers off the head unit. Would this be the correct way to install...head unit to line output converter to the amp via rca jacks. Then the amp to the xovers and then to the component speakers? My dumb question is, how do I get the xovers power? From the remote wire from the amp spliced?

...how do I get the xovers power? From the remote wire from the amp spliced?
Wait, you're trying to power passive crossovers? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif If that's the case, don't! Passive means just that and they do not require external power. Active crossovers do require power and have distinct B+, GND, and remote connections. They also go before the amplifier, not after. The crossovers that came with your component speakers are passive and go after the amplifier, just as you listed. But don't try to supply them with power or you'll likely destroy them!

x-overs are for the comp speakers themselves, dividing the correct frequencies to each speaker. Typically, the tweeter will have it's own dedication on the x-over, same with the mid driver. The "output" or whatever is says on the x-over is where you would connect power from an amp to.

Depending upon the sub's impedance, it can be done to run a single sub on a 4 ch amp. Because I have do so myself. But was a temporary situation.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.