wiring for jbl1200.1

hiloracerboy84
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
this amp comes with the ability to take up to 4ga wiring...and it puts out 1200rms+? wouldnt you need something like 1/0 ga wire? also...for all of you who already have a 1200 hooked up, what kind of fuses are you using in your setup? 100a? 120a?

a guy at a local shop said to just use an 80a...because my system probably wont **** any more than that, so it wont be a problem...true/false? he also said to try setting up a circuit breaker in my system if i use such a big amp...should i or shouldnt i?

if you cant answer ne of these ?'s...please just feel free to leave me some hints, tips, and/or explanation on how ur systems' set up

thanks a lot

...p.s.-i know i ask a lot of questions, but i dont got much money and i wanna do this thing right the first time!!! lol...

Originally posted by hiloracerboy84 this amp comes with the ability to take up to 4ga wiring...and it puts out 1200rms+? wouldnt you need something like 1/0 ga wire? also...for all of you who already have a 1200 hooked up, what kind of fuses are you using in your setup? 100a? 120a?

a guy at a local shop said to just use an 80a...because my system probably wont **** any more than that, so it wont be a problem...true/false? he also said to try setting up a circuit breaker in my system if i use such a big amp...should i or shouldnt i?

if you cant answer ne of these ?'s...please just feel free to leave me some hints, tips, and/or explanation on how ur systems' set up

thanks a lot

...p.s.-i know i ask a lot of questions, but i dont got much money and i wanna do this thing right the first time!!! lol...
I think a 4gauge power cable would be adequate... yes, I don't think it will **** more than 80amps, according to a lot of people here who has them... fuses don't blow the second the power hits over 80amps...

cicuit breakers cost a bit more when you make the initial purchase, but save int he long run, should you blow fuses often...

4ga is suffecient.......the amp can draw up to 114ampers at max if your playing say test tunes.......but i doubt you'll hit anywhere near that on regular songs......so 80 should be suffecient....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.