Wiring Components Properly

Participant count
  • Participant list

NOOBALICIOUS

First time installer here. I've finished "prepping" the front stage (i.e. installed Dynamat in the front doors on the outer and inner skins and ran RF wiring from the Front doors to the trunk where the amp will go).

So it's time to install the components and I was wondering if I should use the speaker wire leads that are soldered on the components or if I should replace them with the RF wiring that I ran....or if it really matters? I'm not sure if the the higher gauge speaker wire leads would bottleneck the throughput or not. Thanks.

If you have better wire and time, run it. Is it real dynamat or a different brand? Dynamat is good, but overpriced //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

What speakers are you using and what amp are you powering them with?

Yeah, I got a pair of JBL P963 coaxials for the rear for backfill. I know a lot of people will argue that you don't need them/won't hear them/won't use them etc. but I'd rather have the option to hear how it sounds before I disregard it all together.

I wouldn't mind some more opinions on the original question I had about the component speaker wire leads. I've searched this site up and down and have never seen that question brought up so hopefully some more experts here will chime in.

Unless you have good soldering skills, I don't recommend replacing that factory set up. All in preference though. Just crimp some ring terminals on and screw them down, imo.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.