Wiring Audio System Separate from car electrical?

Participant count
  • Participant list

CplCuddles

Certified Meme Warrior
Hey guys, I am getting a HO alt soon and I am wondering multiple things. 1st, Can I add in my HO with the stock? I figure no point in junking my stock alt if it helps the system. 2nd The real question, If I can indeed hookup both, Could I run my stock JUST to my vehicle and run my HO dedicated to the audio system? Then I wouldn't have to worry about my front battery dying or the vehicle electrical straining because of my audio system. Here is a crude drawing of what I am wanting to do.

uPSdVnV.png

As long as you have at least minimal battery in the rear... your front battery would never die while driving..

Battery is too far away= resistance is much higher in that area, therefore, all power from both alternators would be consumed because they are of higher voltage 1st.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.