Wiring all this together/Choosing Subs

echohype
10+ year member

Alright guys, how would I go about wiring all this together? Here's the basic idea of what I wanna have done.

3 Amps, 1 to power my 4 speakers in the car(polk audio mmc6500's, like 180

rms, 300 peak)

the other 2 amps(http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5777737875&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT)

wired at 1 Ohm, and one amp powering each sub. Those amps, the brutus, is 2000 watts at 1 ohm, 1300 at 2 ohms.

as for the subs, I'm trying to decide between three types(all audiobahns) and I want 2 subss:

1)AWES12 Eternal Series - 1300 Watts RMS, Dual 4 Ohm Voice Coil(so I know these would have to be wired in 2 Ohm configuation)

2)AWIS10P Immortal Series, 1500 Watts RMS, Dual 2 Ohm Voice coils

3)AW1208T 1500 Watts RMS, Dual 2 Ohm Voice Coils.

So, with 2 of those amps, which set of subs would be best, how could I wire them and how od I wire them? I plan on putting in a second battery with an isolator to power the system. Would I run power from t hat battery to one amp, then connect the two? How do I get the 2 sub amps to power just the subs and the smaller amp to power just the speakers?

any help would be appreciated, thanks!

** just want to note, I'll be fiberglassing the entire cargo area of my car for all of this. I'm doing something curvy and such. As for the base of all this, should I build a sub-floor? or what, and I guess use MDF as the framing, then fiberglass around that? thanks!

well then instead of simply saying "none of the above" what od you recommend. I'm not bill gates here, but I can spend about 1200 on the whole setup

please do us all a favour and do not get any of those audiobahn subs.

there are MUCH better alternatives for the price.

with that setup, you will definately need a high output alternator.

what is your budget for subs?

how much space do you have to work with?

have you already bought the amps?

i would reocmmend soundsplinter, ascendant audio, elemental designs, adire, resonant engineering, eclipse and a whole slough of other brands over audiobahn.

If you are interested I am selling my soundsplinter rl-p 15 and elemental designs nine.1.

Instead of those Hifonics, grab a pair of ED 9.1s......$600 for the pair, three year warranty, all around better amp than the Hifonics......maybe a 9.4 for your comps, and a pair of subs....youll get 15% off your total package, and theres coupon codes floating around for $50 off the 9.4 as well....

please do us all a favour and do not get any of those audiobahn subs.there are MUCH better alternatives for the price.

with that setup, you will definately need a high output alternator.

what is your budget for subs?

how much space do you have to work with?

have you already bought the amps?
My budget is probably 500 and under for the 2, and I"m looking to spend 1200 or less total for the whole system. Space, my whole cargo area because I'm going to be buildin ga fiberglass enclosure back there(99 jeep grand cherokee), and no I haven't bought the amps yet.

Instead of those Hifonics, grab a pair of ED 9.1s......$600 for the pair, three year warranty, all around better amp than the Hifonics......maybe a 9.4 for your comps, and a pair of subs....youll get 15% off your total package, and theres coupon codes floating around for $50 off the 9.4 as well....
Where do I get the ED 9.1's at the 600 price your talkin abiut and 15% off shiz?

Can you guys help me choose the system then? Subs/Amps, etc.

Thanks

My budget is probably 500 and under for the 2, and I"m looking to spend 1200 or less total for the whole system. Space, my whole cargo area because I'm going to be buildin ga fiberglass enclosure back there(99 jeep grand cherokee), and no I haven't bought the amps yet.

Where do I get the ED 9.1's at the 600 price your talkin abiut and 15% off shiz?

Can you guys help me choose the system then? Subs/Amps, etc.

Thanks

http://edesignaudio.com/product.php?cid=4&pid=6&cur=USD

reaudio.com call them.

if its going into your jeep, i think one sub will definately be loud enough, and sound excellent, but if you really really like bass, then 2 of them wont hurt anyhting, except your ears.

ed Nine.1, XXX 15, i a good sub setup.

pair of rlp 15s with a slightly bigger amp is also great.

its all upto you, what do you prefer, SQ SPL or SQL?

keep in mind, all the setups mentioned are LOUD and sound excellent, not like those audiobahns which are loud and sound like crap.

the hifonics amps r good for the price. one of the best bang for your buck amps imo. but will not push out quality signal and higher power levels, theres a bench test in the amplifier section somewhere.

if i were you, i'd be searching the subwoofer and amplifier sections of this forum a lot, and learning, then deciding.

reaudio.com call them.if its going into your jeep, i think one sub will definately be loud enough, and sound excellent, but if you really really like bass, then 2 of them wont hurt anyhting, except your ears.

ed Nine.1, XXX 15, i a good sub setup.

pair of rlp 15s with a slightly bigger amp is also great.

its all upto you, what do you prefer, SQ SPL or SQL?

keep in mind, all the setups mentioned are LOUD and sound excellent, not like those audiobahns which are loud and sound like crap.

the hifonics amps r good for the price. one of the best bang for your buck amps imo. but will not push out quality signal and higher power levels, theres a bench test in the amplifier section somewhere.

if i were you, i'd be searching the subwoofer and amplifier sections of this forum a lot, and learning, then deciding.

thanks for the reply. I think I'm going to go with two Nine.9's, stacked to push 2500+ RMS(since they are doing the group buy for 300 apiece, I don't think I can beat that price)

I don't really have a preference of SQ, SQL, SPL. I like hip hop, so I guess SPL is more important than SQL in such music. Would 2 12" XXX's go good with the 2 Nine.1's? Or what should I put with the two Nine.1's?

Thanks!

The pair of XXX would be great. Might put you out of your $1200 range, though...was the $1200 just for subs/amps? Try the coupon codes on EDs site, use the 10% discount on two amps, and the 15% system builder discount, you can probably get some deadening (youll definitely need it) for the same $600....

zach- yea the 1200 was just for subs/amps, I have a headunit already(kenwood kvt-815 touchscreen), and other stuff I'll just buy after i ge tthe subs and amps. I'm getting in on the group buy for 2 ED Nine.1's for 600 total, shipping free.

about how much are each 12 inch XXX? would 1 12 or 1 15 sound just as good(with exception of course)?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.