wiring a bass mekanik amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

98greenlude
10+ year member

i am upgrading my stereo again from 2 10" idqV2D2 run by a usa-100 us amp to 2 12" Pheniox gold titanium DVC4's powered by a bass mekanik PT-1100 amp. i was wondering just how much damage wiring these subs to make a 2 ohm load per channel? would this be to much for the pt-1100 to handle? i know that my usa-100 is 1 ohm stable stereo and bass mekanik is made with alot of the same parts that a US is. the pt-1100 is only supose to be stable at 4 ohm but since it has the same power supply as the usa-2000 could it possible handle a 2 ohm stereo load?

if not im gonna have to wire it 8ohm stereo, and with and 8ohm stereo config would my pheniox golds be loud enough? the reason i've decided to upgrade is the IDQ's just arent loud enough. im running another us amp on my highs getting about 75 watts per channel.

well there u have it. let me know what everyone thinks.

Actually, the usa 100 can handle loads down to 1/4 ohm.....they are severly underrated.

the bass mechanik on the other hand is rated very well. Actually, it is rated at 2 ohms in stereo. although it will put out double the power at 4 ohms mono. I would run the amp at 4 ohms mono.

FU**IN' right...that is exactly what i wanted to hear! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif i was hoping i could run the amp 4 ohm mono without much trouble....that give me more then enought to push my subs. FTGU u just made my day!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.