Wiring a '96 4Runner

Participant count
  • Participant list

bebebloo

Has anyone here wired up a system on a 4Runner? If so, could you please help me. I need to line a power cable from the battery to my amplifier. The thing is...I do not want to drill into the car body. I would want to find a hole or space on the body of the car so i could get the power cable into the interior without drilling. Thanx in advance

Originally posted by bebebloo Has anyone here wired up a system on a 4Runner? If so, could you please help me. I need to line a power cable from the battery to my amplifier. The thing is...I do not want to drill into the car body. I would want to find a hole or space on the body of the car so i could get the power cable into the interior without drilling. Thanx in advance
Typically if you look around the firewall in the engine compartment you can find a group of wires going thru a grommet. It is normally easy enough to run a coat hanger thru...(being very careful not to cut into or tear wires) and then tape the wire to the end of the hangar. Now it should be easy enough to pull the wire thru from the other side under the dash and you can then run it all the way to the back of the truck or to your amps.

My 95 4Runner has a hole to the left of the brake up above where the dead pedel would be with wires going through it. It has a rubber stopper-like thing that surrounds the wires. That hole opened up enough to get 1 guage wire through and still utilized the rubber stopper. not a 96 but maybe that part is same, hope it helps

Thanks All.. I just found THE grommet today and and thank you for all your help. How do I take down the thread? now that it's useless.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

It is not useless.......someone else may need this someday otherwise admin would whipe out all of the posts as they got completed. Best of luck with your system man

Not a problem feel free to hit me up with any other issues if any arise. Either here or my new second home ssaudio.....the link is in my sig

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.