sub instalation gone bad

wintermute 117
10+ year member

NYC
i finally got my new sub and amp installed in the blistering cold tonight and now the **** thing doesn't even work.

i have a MTX thunder 6152 amp powering a infinity kappa perfect 12.1D dvc sub

now the amp led lights up fine but i just dont get any movement whatsoever out of the sub and the sub output is enabled in the hu

any thoughts? im full of frustration.

thanks

recheck all the wiring. make sure you have also checked your gains. make sure your using the right rca's etc etc. just make sure you double and triple check everything. maybe the quick disconnects on the coils of the subs came loose?

no movement what so ever?

make sure your RCA's are still connected to the right parts of both your deck and amp.

turn your gains up slowly (may be amrked as input sensitivity) and listen carefully...

check the wiring on the sub itself and through the box...

might i have wired it wrong?

MTX thunder 6152 -> first coil of Infinity kappa perfect 12.1D and then parellel to the other coil. ill draw a diagram if it'll help anyone.

bah cold in new york?! whiners....

come up to teh great white north and then you can whine, lol

but ya, draw it out how you have it wired...

should be...

- on first coil to neg and second coil and then to neg on amp..

then pos on first coild to pos on second coil to pos on amp..

it does not appear to be rated at 2 ohms bridged..

and assuming that you ahve teh dual 4 ohm sub, tahts the config i gave you...

seeing as that is a 2 channel amp, it should ahve a diagram telling you how to wire it bridged painted right on the terminals...

neg of one channel and pos of the otehr....

im currently at Clarkson University in Potsdam, NY.... we had a high of 42 degrees today....

anyway the config is exactly like what you gave me Wonderbread im absolutly stumped and i'll be soo pissed off if that sub don't work - cost way too much to be dead on me

shite - i just noticed the specs on the Infinity Kappa perfect say it runs at 2 or 8 ohms.... would that change things? if so how would i wire things now? series?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.