Wiring 2 12"s

Participant count
  • Participant list

JJTitus
10+ year member

Ok, I am thinking of getting 2 Alpine Type-R 12"s and already have an Alpine MRV-F450 amp. This amp gives 150Wx1 @4ohms at 12v and 200Wx1 @4ohm at 14.4v. Now, should I get two DVC 2ohms or 2 DVC 4ohms? And when I get these, how would I wire them to make them a 4ohm.

I think I have to get the 4ohm ones in order to make it a 4ohm load.

Any help?

Thank You

Jonathan

Originally posted by JJTitus Ok, I am thinking of getting 2 Alpine Type-R 12"s and already have an Alpine MRV-F450 amp. This amp gives 150Wx1 @4ohms at 12v and 200Wx1 @4ohm at 14.4v. Now, should I get two DVC 2ohms or 2 DVC 4ohms? And when I get these, how would I wire them to make them a 4ohm.

I think I have to get the 4ohm ones in order to make it a 4ohm load.

Any help?

Thank You

Jonathan

U can take the 4 Ohm DVC and wire them in parallel on each sub. That will give you 2 ohms Then wire the subs themselves in series with each other. 2 ohms and 2ohms in series will give you 4 ohms impedance. Then bridge the amplier on it.

This might sound stupid, But i've just been getting so confused over deciding all this. But how do you bridge it when there is only one channel? I know when it's like channel one and two you put a pos in channel one and negative in channel two, or vice versa. With one channel how do you bridge it?

Thanks for the previous info BTW.

Jonathan

Ok forgot u have a mono amp. On one sub connect the positive terminal to the postive on the amp. On the other sub connect the negative terminal to the negative terminal on the amp. Then you will need to wire the remaining negative terminal on the first sub to the positive terminal on the second sub. This puts the subs in series giving you a 4 ohm load for your amplifier. The voice coils are wired in parallel on the subs then the subs themselves are wired in series. Its really pretty easy once you do it.

get the 12 inch 4 ohm dvc then to wire them take on of the sides of the subs hook the pos to the neg to make an 8 ohm load. do this to both. take the positive from the amp hook it up to the pos on one of the subs. take the neg hook it up to the other subs neg.then take 1 wire and hook the pos to one subs pos then take that wire and hook it up to the other subs neg and youv got a 4 ohm load. for a mono block

Either way will work 4 ohm voice coils in parallel on each subs is 2 ohms per sub. Then wire the subs in series together brings you back to 4 ohms again.

Or 4 ohm voice coils in series is 8ohms per sub. The wire the subs in parallel with each other. 4 ohms again. I said it right the first time.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.