volkswagon amp help

Participant count
  • Participant list

swk

CarAudio.com Newbie
Canada
hey everyone, total noob. I have a 2012 volks Tiguan with a Panasonic 8 channel amp that has decided to go to heaven lol
The system itself is Dynaudio, after a disheartening talk with a car audio guy, basically i need to either pay the extortion price from Volkswagen ($2400) or find used, or pay to change everything including the speakers.

there are some that are almost exactly the same, i.e. Panasonic for a Volkswagen but are 10 channel instead. would this work in place of an 8 channel?

Dynaudio is good stuff. I wouldn't want to pull that out, because of an amp if you like what you have.

Don't know the differences in the two, but my first guess it should. I would want to know the difference in the 8 vs 10. I would guess it could either be a pair of tweeters or maybe a pair of small subs. If the speakers that each channel is going to are the same, they would have made the channels the same wattage. IT SHOULD be they just added two channels, and didn't redesign the entire thing. I would want to verify wattage and wiring of each channels and not just assume, (if the speakers are the same in the same place, and the same color wiring, that would verify for me).

Honestly, if you don't want to go through verifying all that, and don't want to add speakers, go with the 8ch, and just replace with a used one. If you can't find em on ebay, then https://www.car-part.com/cgi-bin/search.cgi (radio/cd) then amplifier. I see em for $150-$200.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...