wirering harness help please

Participant count
  • Participant list

Ric1964

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey all,
new guy here, after looking online Im more confused than before lol.
I got and older Kenwood DNX6190HD that was from my old 4runner, Id like to put it in my 2007 BUT have all plug and play with no crimping wires.
Radio: Kenwood DNX6190HD.
Car: 2007 toyota 4runner sport.
What harnesses do I need? (Id like to get everything plug and play)
What install kit do I need? the part that goes around the radio itself.
What Steering wheel kit do I need?

Thanks in advance
Ric

Thanks Popwarhomie,
Ive tried them first but my Kenwood is discontinuted and I didnt see any complete plug and play harness. Im trying to stay away from cutting and soldering wires.
I aprreciate the reply.

Thanks Popwarhomie,
Ive tried them first but my Kenwood is discontinuted and I didnt see any complete plug and play harness. Im trying to stay away from cutting and soldering wires.
I aprreciate the reply.

Any headunit will require connecting the headunits wiring to the cars harness. No cutting. Just connecting the red to red, yellow to yellow, ETC. You don't have to solder either. Can use those butt connectors that have low heat solder built in with heat shrink and just use a lighter to heat them up. Super easy. If you still don't feel comfortable doing it you can find a car audio shop to do it.

Any headunit will require connecting the headunits wiring to the cars harness. No cutting. Just connecting the red to red, yellow to yellow, ETC. You don't have to solder either. Can use those butt connectors that have low heat solder built in with heat shrink and just use a lighter to heat them up. Super easy. If you still don't feel comfortable doing it you can find a car audio shop to do it.
I second this. Each aftermarket deck has a different plug, so you'll have to connect some wires.

The good news is it's incredibly easy to do! You just need an adapter harness. The wires are color coded, and you just connect them to your deck's wires.

on EVERY forum, there's always a "know it all" someone that feels good trying to point out others mistakes. I generally ignore them, it generally pisses them off.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...