wired up my subs wrong need help.

Participant count
  • Participant list

nickjoy92
10+ year member

chicago
Ok first off I no how to install car audio to an extent but I don't no alot of technical audio terms so when you help me try to explain a little. I have a alpine cda-105, 2 alpine type r 2 ohm 12 inch subs in a sealed box powered by a mrp-m1000 amp and I used to just have 1 of the subs powered by the alpine 500 watt amp. So when I added the second sub I just put the banana plugs in the second sub the same way as the the first one not thinking it would be different but after the install I read the directions I know dumb. And when I read the directions I found that I have them wired up like its only 1 sub wired at 1 ohm. But instead of being an easy fix it looks like its almost impossible to properly wire my subs because My sub box is a dual chamber sealed box like shown in the picture so i cant run wire from sub to sub i can only run wires from each sub tot he terminals on the back of the box.

picture of my box V

box.jpg

scanned instructions for my subs the red outlined part of the instructions is how I want the subs wired and the yellow outlined part is how they are wired except theres 2 subs and i have 2 sets of wires going into my amp instead of just one. and as you can see in the red part wires are going from one sub to the other but I cant run wires like that because each sub has its own chamber any help is apritiated.

typer.jpg

^ no sense in drilling a hole in the divider if you don't have to.

your amp has one set of speaker wire outputs, and you'd like to just have one wire per output. this is fairly easy.

your box has two speaker terminals on it - one for each sub.

do this:

wire the coils in parallel, so you have a 1 ohm load for each sub (like in the yellow box).

run a wire between the postive box terminal on one sub to teh negative box terminal on the other sub. then wire the remaining positive and negative box terminals to the amp - one wire per terminal. this will wire the subs in series, giving you a 2 ohm mono load.

1 ohm isnt "stable". So I've been told by a few people but ive also been told on here to do it. but im just going to go with 2 ohms.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.