Wire question.

Participant count
  • Participant list

dvldogyut
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
loretto, tn
I have a question, my 20.1's and 6.4 amps should draw around 500-550 amps at full tilt. This being said, do I need two runs of 1/0 since it's rated at 300 amps to keep up with my amps? And if so do I need two runs on all of my battery connections from alt to batt and batt to batt?

When you add an extra battery you don't increase the alternator output..so it's just a temporary back up right?
No but you give it a buffer to handle peaks.

Kindof but not much...its more drain on that alt
Really? Care to explain that? Don't waste your time, you can't do it but it isn't true unless the alt simply can't keep up with the AVERAGE current draw of the system.

If you think you're actually going to draw that kind of current regularly, you'll want more than just 2 runs. Additionally you'd need dual or triple alternators and many batteries.
I am going to be using 2 xa d2400's and 2-4 d680's plus a ho alt for sure.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.