Winisd excursion questions.

Participant count
  • Participant list

The Camry

Hey, I Try.
Okay so first off. I was under the impression that sealed boxes dont need a subsonic filter. I have no idea why, just remember that being a rule of thumb. Below is a pic of a Ssa Icon in its recommended 1.25cuft sealed box on 1000rms. So like...have i been totally misled about sealed boxes?

icon.png

You are correct sealed boxes don't require a subsonic filter (no unloading of sub). You can make the box a tiny bit smaller if you want to control the xmax of a sub in a sealed alignment...I see your Qtc is .651...I usually shoot for a Qtc of around .707 and I usually use 20hz as my 'high-water' mark for excursion....you seem pretty close on both...looks like your sub only exceeds xmax by 1mm at 20hz...not sure how much of an affect that would really have.

Not to mention that the measurements you're seeing are assuming the sub is being driven full-tilt....you only exceed xmax by 1mm at full volume...I wouldn't worry about it too much unless you plan on adding some EQ boost down low.

icon1.png

icon_2.png

Setting is MM i believe. Im asking about mechanical limits due to the fact that im considering running it IB and modeling it in Winisd at 10cuft sealed is how im doing it. Above are said measurements. Also at 1000rms. From reading, i do recall that IB is supposed to need quite a bit less rms than a box to hit xmax, but from modeling. it doesnt seem like that is the case. 1000 watts and with a proper SSF, id have no issue with xmax.

If that red line represents xmax you should be more than fine mechanically. You should still have a fair amount of xmech left before a hard bottom. Best thing to do is just test it though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.