Will this be enough???

Participant count
  • Participant list

MrJollie
10+ year member

Need your opinions. I have a 600 watt 4-channel Jensen amp. Also have an 800 watt pioneer amp. i also only have one 10" sub connected as of now. already, when i have the system turned up, i can here the alternator "whining" to keep the system powered. i want to add another sub and know that the current alterntor will not be enough. so, will a 115 amp be enough from 4x4parts.com??? thanks

Originally posted by MrJollie Need your opinions. I have a 600 watt 4-channel Jensen amp. Also have an 800 watt pioneer amp. i also only have one 10" sub connected as of now. already, when i have the system turned up, i can here the alternator "whining" to keep the system powered. i want to add another sub and know that the current alterntor will not be enough. so, will a 115 amp be enough from 4x4parts.com??? thanks
Do you have BOTH amps hooked up or just one of them? What's your vehicle make and model? Is the wining coming directly from your alternator, or is it coming from your speakers? A lot of times, you'll have what is simply called.. "Alternator noise" coming through your speakers. There are many things to cause that. Sometimes it's simple to fix. For the most part, it wont harm anything. It's just VERY annoying. Adding another sub to your amp wouldn't hurt anything, but try to keep the subs the same brand and model, or by two new subs. And I dont think you would need another amp, but tell me if you want sell one of them. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif Hope that helps.

one amp is for the speakers and one is for the sub/subs. i only have a 60 amp alternator. kinda low. the only place that i could find an alternator was 4x4parts.com i think that the 110 amp should be enough, right??? anyone with some advice, or experience, like they have the same vehicle as me, would greatly help. thanks

Originally posted by MrJollie Need your opinions. I have a 600 watt 4-channel Jensen amp. Also have an 800 watt pioneer amp. i also only have one 10" sub connected as of now. already, when i have the system turned up, i can here the alternator "whining" to keep the system powered. i want to add another sub and know that the current alterntor will not be enough. so, will a 115 amp be enough from 4x4parts.com??? thanks
You have the rca's too close to a power or too close to your alternator. Try running the power and rca's on different sides.

i suggest uprading all the ground wires for the amps.....try diff grounding spots....as well as upgrading the ground wire for your h/u and run the rca's away from the power wire......

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.