Inline Fuse Size for JBL 1200?

Participant count
  • Participant list

DjNickCastoro
10+ year member

NYC
Ok i popped the fuse that came with my wiring kit the day i put the amp in and was wondering why, so i looked at it and they sent me a 40 amp instead of the 80amp it was supposred to come with.

However by the time i checked their website and realized this i had already bought a pack of 40amp fuses (i dont really care they were cheap)

Turning the volume up over 20 (depends on song etc) would cause the fuse to pop and my HU goes up to 35....

Anyway i have since popped all of those fuses and now i need to know what size fuse will be suffecient?>?

I am running the Amp at 1 Ohm to two JL 12w6v2's and i have 4awg power and groud if that helps...

ANYWAY- What size fuses should i buy?

Originally posted by Gauntlet 100 or 125, and if you have an AGU fuseholder now, you'll need to get an ANL.

I think thats a little bigger then you really need! I ran mine at 1 ohm with a 50 amp fuse and never blew it once! I know you can get up to at least 80 amp agu fuses so just get one of those and you won't have to worry about changing fuseholders and all that!

Originally posted by RMKrider1 I think thats a little bigger then you really need! I ran mine at 1 ohm with a 50 amp fuse and never blew it once! I know you can get up to at least 80 amp agu fuses so just get one of those and you won't have to worry about changing fuseholders and all that!
At 1 ohm the 1200.1 can draw up to 114 amps.....

Originally posted by Gauntlet At 1 ohm the 1200.1 can draw up to 114 amps.....

Maybe they "can" buy they really dont!! I was told my D2 "could" pull 220 amps and I ran it at 1.17 ohms and never had trouble with a 60 amp fuse! Just saying if he already has thew maxi-fuse holder theres really no need to buy a differant holder just get a bigger fuse.

Originally posted by RMKrider1 Maybe they "can" buy they really dont!! I was told my D2 "could" pull 220 amps and I ran it at 1.17 ohms and never had trouble with a 60 amp fuse! Just saying if he already has thew maxi-fuse holder theres really no need to buy a differant holder just get a bigger fuse.
But the thing is, it really can. I've seen it blow 100amp fuses before. I go by the theory better safe than sorry. He could just get an 80amp AGU fuse, and he might be fine, but then again, it also might blow. All depends on how hard he pushes it

I agree with better safe then sorry....And In my opinion that means use the lowest rated fuse that will work for you! And it wont hurt anything to try an 80 amp fuse for the holder he's already got before going out and buying something that he may not even need

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.