Will this amp work for my setup?

Nightstrife408
10+ year member

USA
Hi I have 2 12in Alpine Type S and i need an amp to power them. They are DVC and their model is SWS-1243D.

I was looking into The Audiopipe AP-15001D

600 x 1 RMS @ 4 Ohm, 950 x 1 RMS @ 2 Ohm, 1500 x 1 RMS @ 1 Ohm

1 Ohm load stable, Input level: 0.2-5v, Bass boost frequency: 30-80h

Built In Variable 12 dB/ Octave Crossover, Low pass filter: 40-180hz,Subsonic filter: 5-50hz

Bass Boost 0-12dB, Distortions:

Dimensions (WxHxL) 7" x 2.5" x 16"

Will this work for my setup? it puts out enough RMS that I need but I need some review on the brand and model before I make any purchase. If there any other better suggestions please feel free to let me know! Thanks

Will I still need to gains down if I wire them at 4 ohms?
If the amplifier honestly does its rated power output at 4ohm, I would prefer to have the subs wired for final 4ohm too. As for tuning gain level with DMM, it can still be useful if you think that you may, by an accident crank your audio system so much that the amplifier sends a clipped signal which can damage the subwoofers. For a lot of music (rock, instrumental, pop), I wouldn't even bother with DMM, but if you drive subwoofers hard with rap music, or any other music with lots of synthetic bass, setting gain by DMM may be a good idea.

Yes it will work fine . I really feel that ap gets a bad rap as long as u set your gains properly u will be happy. I am not very familiar with the type s subs but as long as u don't get greedy with the power than u will be fine.

I personally prefer the apsm series audiopipes might take a look at them. I have an apsm2000 that bench end in the 1100 range at 12 volt 2 ohm. Not as rated but very close and as of yet it has been rock solid reliable .

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.