Will this amp/ set up run at .75 ohms?

dragonfister
10+ year member

Canada
Amp = Exile 2500.1

My 2000 golf consists of 1/0 guage all around , a yellow top and stock 90 amp alternator

Sub is a single 13w7 and i want to wire it to .75 ohms then just turn the gain way down.

Or would i be better off running it at 3 ohms and getting say 1200 rms, The sub is in a 2.8 cf after port and sub displacement tuned to 28 hz with a 4 inch areo port.

If you are not planning on using the power you would dissipate at .75 ohm, I would just wire at 3. If you lower your load that low there is a good chance the amp will get really hot. I have had no expereince with it personally, but that is a pretty substantial amount of current.

That sub won't last long on 2500, esp if you incur voltage drop. Yellow tops are only about 50ah anyway so, you have around 140a possible, which isn't enough to make 2.5kw plus mids and to power the car. Wire it to 3 ohms.

Sub won't last long at all on 2500W and amp won't last long at .75 ohm without a couple extra batterys. 3 ohm should keep everything safe and likely sound better.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.