will my stock alt hold up?

ok slickdaddy i see where you got the whole lanzar thing from, i havent checked this thread since about an hour after i started it, didnt think it'd get to 3 pages:laugh: but, i got the birthsheet from the guy im buying the rf from (thanks to assman //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif) and its 1459 @ 1 ohm, so according to subwoofertools.com's gain settings it'd be looking at around 38.2 volts? how am i supposed to "watch" for voltage drops, just buy a volt meter or what?

and sorry this created such a heavy debate, you guys actually know what youre talking about, im just a nub who knows the basics to get me buy //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif and thanks to those who actually answered my questions //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Yes, I got 38.2 volts as well. sqrt(1459 * 1) = 38.19 volts

As for watching for voltage drops... The easiest way to tell is with dashboard or headlight dimming. You can get a voltmeter for your dash to get a number associated with the drops. I would suggest analog because they are very responsive to changes, where as digital ones take an average reading so they are slower to respond to quick changes.

mabye you should have read my reply - (oh, sorry i forgot to mention go to autozone.com or napa,ect... and put your vehical make in & engine size, look up alternators and you will know what kind of alt you have. by the way napa has some really good heavy duty stuff(battery post clamps,ect..)about the taurus, your alternator is most probably a 110amp, for now do the big 3 and set the gains correctly and you'll be fine, but to get the most out of your amp you may need to upgrade the alternator in the future. RF power AMPS produce serious power, watch for voltage drop as it will smoke your amp.)- and (ultimate 157) just explained about watching for voltage drop in a simply way for you to understand, the voltage drop were talking about is from your cars electrical.yes we got a little side-tracked i appoligize.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.