HO alt with stock battery?

Participant count
  • Participant list
That alt is probably overkill for your setup.

Try running it with what you got and see how it does. If your voltage drops hard, upgrade your battery.

I bought a Shuriken battery off Sonicelectronix and I used a code from Jacobviral on YouTube for 20% off (I believe)

I have a 150 amp alt, 80 ah AGM.
I'm running 2500w sub amp and 300w interior. My master fuse is 60 amp and it hasn't blown in 1.5 years of use. My voltage stays in the 13s.

Ok what are some good quality brands that won't really break the bank? And just to be clear we are only talking about running 1 battery right
Duralast Gold AGM from Autozone, Super Start AGM from Orileys. I would ditch the Lead Battery under the hood. Whatever size Supply wire you use for the amplifiers do the same for the Big3.Thats what I would do from experiencing

Try running it with what you got and see how it does. If your voltage drops hard, upgrade your battery.

I bought a Shuriken battery off Sonicelectronix and I used a code from Jacobviral on YouTube for 20% off (I believe)

I'm running 2500w sub amp and 300w interior. My master fuse is 60 amp and it hasn't blown in 1.5 years of use. My voltage stays in the 13s.

Ok. Thanks for the feedback. I will probably just end up upgrading my battery as well; I'm fairly new to car audio and just trying to make sure I take the right steps and precautions to make sure my system is efficient and safe

Duralast Gold AGM from Autozone, Super Start AGM from Orileys. I would ditch the Lead Battery under the hood. Whatever size Supply wire you use for the amplifiers do the same for the Big3.Thats what I would do from experiencing
Ok I will keep that in mind, thanks for the suggestions,
Would 4AWG be thick enough ? Thinking of going with OFC wire either 1/0 if not then 4awg. Also how long of wire would I need for it to be enough for my whole system?

I bought 25ft of this for power and ground runs and had plenty left to do my big 3 if I hadn't already done it before...this is in a saturn vue though....you might need more or less depending on how you run your wire

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

maninikine

CarAudio.com Newbie
maninikine
Ewa Beach, Hawaii
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views