Will I need a capacitator for this setup?

Participant count
  • Participant list

EBurn

I have a question about the system I am about to install in my car. I have an Alpine 7894 Head unit, with 6 1/2 inch Infinity speakers in the front and rear. Powering the speakers is a 40 watt x 4 Alpine Amp, and then I have 2 MTX Audio 12" Subs, that are being powered by a 400 watt Swiss Audio Amp. Is this too much for my battery to handle, and do I need a capacitator. This is going in a 93 Mazda Protege, any installation tips are greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time

I can give you an honest (no theory and hypathetical crap) NO a cap wont help. I got one thinking, "what the heck, couldnt hurt" it basically does nothing for me. I am no going to get an Alt. sure with I would have saved the money on the cap and just got a cap from the get go...

speaking from exp.

D

listen to them, //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nono.gif.eca61d170185779e0921b0faa9704973.gif on caps. get ur alternator rewound if you need to.

Originally posted by Jmac That being said, decent ones usually cost at least $100 and I think that money would be better spent on speakers or gas :p
Yes indeed it could be used on more useful stuff. Hmm lets c what could I do with $100:rolleyes: . Ah yes, save that for kick panels and components:D

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.