Will I be able to do any thing with this?

Participant count
  • Participant list

jdp13100

I have a 1979 Lincoln Continental. I want to upgrade the speakers and head unit, but when I took out the radio the cables looked as ifar they had no connectors. The only thing I was able to disconnect was the antenna. I want to know yalls input. If I can't do anything with it, I will keep it stock looking, but not use it and have a different head unit mounted under the dash. Please, enlighten me on what I should do. Thanks.

Likely you'll need to hard-wire things. Some old head units even used a common ground IIRC so you may even have to run new speaker wire (which isn't a bad idea anyway on something so old).

Best to search online and see if wiring colors are available for what's in the dash there. +12, ACC, and ground should DEFINITELY be there and can easily be tested, from there if you're not afraid to run new speaker wires you've got it licked.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.