Will 2 lower powered 12s (~600 rms each) match expectations

Participant count
  • Participant list

floridaman

CarAudio.com Newbie
I'm an amateur, only been at it for a couple years so please take it easy if this comes across as a "duh", I'm looking into fleshing out a new system. I WAS planning on a single AB XR but the idea of 2 12s is bugging tf out of me now..so if I got two 12s of lower quality and either ran 2 ohm at 800 or went full 1 ohm would I be dissappointed?

I'm an amateur, only been at it for a couple years so please take it easy if this comes across as a "duh", I'm looking into fleshing out a new system. I WAS planning on a single AB XR but the idea of 2 12s is bugging tf out of me now..so if I got two 12s of lower quality and either ran 2 ohm at 800 or went full 1 ohm would I be dissappointed?

Cone area is king. Wire to 1 ohm. Easy to turn the gain down to get less power if needed.

"fleshing"? You can't decide if your from south britain or north florida. God you annoy me

As a North Flordian my whole life I have never heard "fleshing" before.

Two 500 watt rms 12 inch subwoofers will outperform one 1000 watt rms 12 inch subwoofer. The exception to this rule would be if you are limited on airspace. If you don’t have the room for a large enough box for the pair of subwoofers, the single higher power sub would be better.

so if I got two 12s of lower quality and either ran 2 ohm at 800 or went full 1 ohm would I be dissappointed?
Answer could vary. 2x12s will almost always be louder but you said "12s of lower quality if doing 2".

I'd personally rather have a nicer single sub that I plan on keeping for a decade than get 2 inferior subs that will be louder but might not have as good as SQ or be built as good

Also if you can fit dual 12s you could most likely fit a single 15. Single 15 would allow you to get a nicer single sub but still have great output

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.