Why Your Electrical Is Important!!! 16Volts!!

I ran into tranny problems with my Dodge Durango (1999 5.9 R/T)

About a year or so ago I switched my stock alt out with a 300 amp EA alternator with 12-20 volt regulator. Well I was just running it 14.5 volts daily and only during competitions and during demos for people I would turn it up.... I would not do it Daily!!!!

I have the Big 3 done and blah blah... well about 4 months ago my durango wouldnt shift into overdrive and wouldnt shift down from third once in it. So i figured my tranny was out.... well it finally **** the bed on me about a week ago. Off to the shop we go!!!

They pull the tranny and rebuild it for 2000 dollars... put it back in and still the SAME problems!!!! Well they checked it out and my TCM (transmission Control Module) is burnt up.... Among other things like solenoids and the ECM..... So now I have an electrical nightmare on my hands that is COSTING me money I dont have right now!!! I mean thousands of dollars!!!

I even installed a 2.5 volts step down unit a few months back to help me run higher voltage safely for daily.

TO LATE!!!

Now for those of you who do run a higher voltage daily... Be aware!!! The problems wont come at once... but will become very apparent overtime!!! And im looking at over 5 grand to fix everything on a vehicle worth 4000.

My dumbass NOOB mind a few years ago SCREWED me over now....

My Durango is now throwing numerous codes that are out of wack...

Sorry no cliffs..... If your on this site... your bored or you have a lot of time on your hands.... and you have time to read.

,Seth Griffin

damn, this has me all scared...

i had a few problems with my ext regulator on my way to finals and electrical system was seeing 16v for about 3 hours.. that was the only time its seen above 14.5 but...

Transmission control module???? isnt that fairly cheap to replace??? mine was all out of whack in a old Riveara.....and it was only like 200 to fix. But it sounds like you have more issues than just the TCM....that ***** man. Good luck....hope everything gets worked out!

u dont run more the regulated power voltage on ur cars electronics ... thats why people do seperate alts for 16v setups
Winner, isolated systems //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Transmission control module???? isnt that fairly cheap to replace??? mine was all out of whack in a old Riveara.....and it was only like 200 to fix. But it sounds like you have more issues than just the TCM....that ***** man. Good luck....hope everything gets worked out!
Yes... but what im hearing is that the TCM is also part of the ECM which from the factory for my year of durango are around 1500 bucks....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.