So i ran the 200.1 at 16V tonight

bumpincrv
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Illiniois
ON ACCIDENT lol well my car is still not running (the transmission is broke and not in the car atm) so i could not start the car and let it run to break in my sub (Just got done on a re-cone) so i just hooked the battery charger up to it and let it play at low volume. Well it was playing for fifteen twenty mins and i walk over to my car and no bass!?! mids and highs and everything else, so i open the back hatch and flip open the false floor to find the protection light is on on my American Bass VFL 200.1 so i hook up a DMM only to find i have 16.43V:eek: so i ran over to the battery charger and turned it off. I waited 2 mins turned the deck back on and i got the green light with some beautiful bass //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

cliffs

car dosent run

wanted to break in freshly re-coned sub anyways

put battery charger on car

protect light came on

checked and had 16.43V

turned charger off and works beautifully

o and wouldnt you think my alpine 4 channel amp would have gone into protect before my AB 200.1:wow:?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.