Why my fu showing 4 ohm at box?

BOOMINGRANDPA
5,000+ posts

WOLFRAM FTW
NC
i thought jumper wire came loose so i just spent an hour took sub out redid wires, and still showed like 3.6ohm.. so i pulled wires out of 1 coil stuck probes in it it read 6.7ohms or something wtf? is it a d8? so i came in and changed battery on meter, showing 3.8-4ohm with system off.. i checked pioneer coil, wait i'll go check it again.. yep it shows 4.5ohm so meter is right and pioneer is right anyone got any input on this strangeness? so ya'll were saying sub wouldn't do good at 2 ohm now i'm at 4?

Last edited by a moderator:
DVC 4 ohm sub or DVC 2 ohm sub?? What sub do you have?You will never get dead nuts at 4.0 on any speaker or sub unless you build it yourself and get the coils dead nuts.

3.6 isnt too far off and you should be able run @4 ohms.I wont run a speaker if its below 1/2 below the reading im looking for.If the readings all over the place on a coil,its not any good.If one coil reads fine you can run that one coil but it will be half the rms recommended power and you can still run it on one good coil but half the power recommended

He has dvc 4 ohm. 3.8 sounds normal checked with a DMM.
Ya thats closer to 4 ohms.Id run it at.If it were below 3.5 id prob not run it for myself. Id prob send the sub back if it were me reading 3.4 on ea coil. But thats me

He's saying that his sub is d4 and individually they are reading around 6.7.... 3.6 when in parallel. My guess is a cheap dmm. What is the natural resistance of your dmm grandpa?

He's saying that his sub is d4 and individually they are reading around 6.7.... 3.6 when in parallel. My guess is a cheap dmm. What is the natural resistance of your dmm grandpa?
Could be a cheap DMM

Then wire it correctly out of the box on a bench table or kitchen table to the 2 ohm load criteria you are trying to meet?? and check your final load then

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.