Why isnt my setup doing this?

x7judy
10+ year member

tWiSt3d
Ok i have the extact subs as this guy and even a better amp *Kicker 2500* how come im not flexing my car like this?

I have a 0 guage wire, havent hooked up the battery cap yet *came with the amp*. Subs are rated 1000 rms each.

Do i need a more powerful battery? or what do i need to get my car to bump like this

And no i haven't had it professionally setup im taking it to a stereo shop later today to tune it but i just want to make sure i have a idea on what to tell them if i need a bigger battery etc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C3cEbD8IR4

You cant expect the same results simply because you are using the same subs. Install plays a huge role. And when it comes to flex, and/or hair or shirt tricks, the vehicle itself makes a big difference.

My recommendation is to work towards maximizing YOUR install, dont rate it based on some youtube video of someone elses install on the internet.

Its about the same size car and my amp is a better brand.

Its honestly been my goal to flex the car / do hair tricks ever since i started with a little 10 in alpine ive traded and moved my way up, now that i have the right subs and amp im just trying to figure out what im doing wrong

His enclosure may be tuned much closer to the vehicle's transfer function than yours is. His enclosure may be a superior design. His roof, doors, etc may be weaker than yours. etc etc etc

What is the enclosure tuned to? Happen to know the net volume?

You may want to try subs back/port driver side if you end up going with another configuration.

Also, port area is an important factor, so double check that it lines up with your goals.

Carpet inside your ports? Epic fail. The enclosure is your problem. Also panel flex is NOT something you want. It decreases db. It's hard on your car and it sounds terrible. It's good for getting laughed at but that's about it.

Carpet inside your ports? Epic fail. The enclosure is your problem. Also panel flex is NOT something you want. It decreases db. It's hard on your car and it sounds terrible. It's good for getting laughed at but that's about it.
Ironically, it is true. People spend countless hours and dollars working to diminish flex. Flex is wasted energy potential, thus decreasing sound pressure.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.