I need help!?!?!?!?!?

Participant count
  • Participant list

redlinemint

Alright here is the deal i am trying to get the best sound and the loudest capability for a 12 inch sub. here is the set up i have, it is in a boat that. i have an open bow boat, where i have the sub located right now is right under the windshield on the passenger side of the boat in that walk way to get to the bow. behind that fiberglass sheet that the sub is mounted in is a 1 cubic foot sealed tight box. i have a Rockford Fosgate 700s amp, i had a T1 until i somehow managed to blow it, as a replacement i went to best buy and bought a cheep at the time Kicker CVR 12. I need a sub that would have more sound like the Rockford did, but it cant brake the bank... if you need pictures of the mount that i have set up i can take some... Thanks a ton, Ryan

pics will help. sealed boxes don't perform well on boats. i treat boats like i do rooms. i use ported or usually bandpass and i ensure the ports play to the seating area. a fiberglass sheet is airtight which means little bass gets through. think of bass like water waves. bass waves travel a lot like water waves - so something that is water tight is near bass tight. now, bass can travel through materials, but inefficiently. you want your sub to play to the seating area so air can travel from the cone straight to your ears. a bandpass lets you just make a port hole that can be turned up inside the box to prevent water ingress.

pics would help.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.