Why is the Sundown SAZ-1500D twice as expencive as the SAE-1200D?

Current price comparison:
Sundown Audio SAZ-1500D: $425 shipped

vs.

Sundown Audio SAE-1200D: $275 shipped

what does the SAZ-1500D outperform the SAE besides the fact that it puts out an extra 300 RMS:rolleyes:
The SAZ will do a lot more than rated. The SAE does slightly above rated. The quality of parts on the SAZ are much better as stated by the previous poster. This has to be transferred to the customer BUT it's well worth it if you want that extra power.

The 1500 is way more durable and better built/designed . It will handle loads under 1 ohm no problem and last. The SAE-1200D is a great budget amp and does great at 1 ohm nominal but it doesn't really like to be played continuously below that. As far as better parts I don't think there is any huge differences in the quality of the actual semiconductors in either of these amps as even the SAE-1200D uses International Rectifier and Fairchild Semi in the power supply and output section respectively which are darn good parts. One huge difference between them though is actual build quality as in how they are assembled. The board used in the 1200D is a single sided pcb and is no doubt much cheaper than the 1500D and is not secured into the heatsink as well either. The quality of the solder joints is superior on the 1500D. I know that the SAE-1200D I have here has mismatched date code parts in the output section which I doubt you would see in the 1500D. The part may be technically the same but different batches have slightly different characteristics and although they may work just fine together they are not as reliable as an output section full of matching date coded parts. The 1200D also doesn't like to see too much more than 15 volts power input. This isn't a knock on the 1200D by any means. It is an awesome "budget" amp . The 1500D is a great high end amp and well worth the extra coin if you plan on wiring below 1 ohm . If you can live at 1 ohm nominal or higher than the 1200D should last you a long time as well.

Sae = Good amp for the average consumer

Saz = Good amp for the average competitor/die hard bass head

The saz amps are built a tad better than the sae line as said above, also the saz amps are stable up to 18v and below 1 ohm.

here is something i found on SSA about the SAE-1200 v2

Specs are also rated the same :

SPECIFICATIONS:

* 1200 x 1 watts @ 1 ohm

* 600 x 1 watts @ 2 ohms

* 300 x 1 watts @ 4 ohms

* 0.153v - 5.6v adjustable input sensitivity

* 15 Hz - 250 Hz Frequency Response

* > 90 dB S/N Ratio

* 4-Way Protection Circuit (Thermal, Overload, Speaker Short, and Over Current)

* 50 Hz - 250 Hz adjustable 12dB Low-Pass Crossover

* 15 Hz - 50 Hz adjustable 12dB Subsonic Filter

* 0 or 180 degree adjustable phase switch

* 0 - 12 dB adjustable bass boost with 60 Hz center frequency

* Wired Remote Control unit included

* 5x 30 Amp Internal Fuses

* 17" L x 10.6" W x 2.2" H

BUT the board is ALL NEW in design :

Resized to 88% (was 800 x 600) - Click image to enlarge

Updates :

1) Double sided PCB board (v.1 was single sided)

2) More primary input caps

3) Large brass bars for power supply current

4) Revised layout

5) Superior Soldering and assembly quality

TESTING vs. similar board to Audiopipe 1500 / 1800 :

http://www.soundsolu...13entry546813

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea i been on the hunt like Red October for either a sae v2 1200 or a saz 1500 i dont wanna spend that much on it im like somebody somewhere has to want to sell the sae for 200 or a saz 1500 for 250 im gonna be patient it will happen. lol

Yea i been on the hunt like Red October for either a sae v2 1200 or a saz 1500 i dont wanna spend that much on it im like somebody somewhere has to want to sell the sae for 200 or a saz 1500 for 250 im gonna be patient it will happen. lol
good f**kin luck lol you wont find a saz1500d for that cheap anywhere unless its blown or an elephant took a **** on it 300 is a fair price for a used 1500 i bought one of mine for 325 and the other for 280 locally but with that budget you should look elsewhere

The SAZ will do a lot more than rated. The SAE does slightly above rated. The quality of parts on the SAZ are much better as stated by the previous poster. This has to be transferred to the customer BUT it's well worth it if you want that extra power.
The SAE-1200D does much more than rated...in the SAE-1200D vs Audiopipe 1800.1D thread, the SAE-1200D put out around 1700rms at 2ohms.

Here's the thread...check out Pg 7 if it doesn't automatically bring you there.

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/amplifiers/420761-sundown-sae-1200d-7.html

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.