why is sundown 3000 making poping noise?

----RMS power, 1 ohm mono 3000W x 1CHif its doing 3000 rms then what do u think the peak is yawn
He said nothing of peak, and with a stock electrical besides a few extra batts, it's probably no where near 3krms....

We got one in a friend's hyundai with stock alt and one extra battery holding up fine. No ****ing way 150A alt + 2 bats and it's a charging system problem. Calling total bull on that unless your alternator is fried or a batery or two is really dead.

I'm guessing a problem elsewhere in the signal path or something loose on the board from vibration or something.

Sounds like it has a problem. Electrical doesn't sound that bad, especially if he is running it at 2 ohms.

There are some caps on the input board that could be going bad, also, if it's the older model 3000D (stock Zenon board with no updates) then it has no standoffs in the center of the board to minimize board flex and could have a broken leg or two or three on some of the rectifier diodes, they are right in the center of the amp where it flexes the most, 2 on each side. Sounds like you should send it in for service before it smokes up on you. It could be other things also, like a transformer winding shorting out, or some problem with the install like RCA cables, bad RCA shield in head unit or elsewhere in system etc.

----RMS power, 1 ohm mono 3000W x 1CHif its doing 3000 rms then what do u think the peak is yawn
Peak is a number used be lesser companies to try to sell their amps. Sundown has no peak. Sundowns can be ran at 16 volts and 18 volts i think, so why put a peak when there are so many varibles into how much power you get. I believe you need to learn some more before you go throwing numbers out that you have no idea about. And further more. He isnt seeing 2 ohms. Its wired to 2 ohms, after box rise its more than that so i would be willing to bet the alty and 2400 by themselves would power that amp in his application.

If it where a noise through the sub I think I would look at the grounds and rca cables before I pulled it out and shipped it back, maybe try another amp in it's spot to see if it has the same issue that would tell you where to go to resolve the problem. just an idea without seeing it or hearing it this is just a guess off prior exp.

Peak is a number used be lesser companies to try to sell their amps. Sundown has no peak. Sundowns can be ran at 16 volts and 18 volts i think, so why put a peak when there are so many varibles into how much power you get. I believe you need to learn some more before you go throwing numbers out that you have no idea about. And further more. He isnt seeing 2 ohms. Its wired to 2 ohms, after box rise its more than that so i would be willing to bet the alty and 2400 by themselves would power that amp in his application.
the man knows what hes talking about. that is more than enough juice to run a sundown 3000 @ 2 ohms. did you check to see if any cables were loose in the power lines? i had a battery clamp loosen somehow and my sub amp was clipping hard. it took a few hours to figure it out. i went through the whole system before i found out. use you dmm and check for voltage drop at the amp while its under load and then check at the main battery while its under load and see if there is any major difference in readings.

i don't know what the max is on sundown . i hear it runs more than what its rated tho! so yeah sounds like your my nuthugger! and besides that i wasn't talking rms i was talking peak !!
who the FACK cares about peak power????????????????? noobs. you sir, have just labeled yourself.

noise could be an rca as others sujested. could also be the remote gain. whever mine moved around it would make the subs pop. just the cord moving inside the knob.

@apollo220, we dont use peak power to determine what subs would fit for the amp. you must be an idiot if you actually match amps and subs by peak power. since you are already on the internet, how about do some research about rms. im not the genius in car audio, but im dam sure that i dont use peak power to determine which subs i would get for the amp.

Old thread i think. I used to have a TC 3000 and it would bottom out at low frequencies causing the voice coil to reach max stroke and hit the rear of the magnet. that could be it. do you play alot of low frequencies. espcecially below your box tuning if its ported.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.