Why is my Voltage so Low???? Help!

KJLiberty
10+ year member

for the past two weeks my voltage has been scary low. My digital distibution block reads about 8.5 with the car on or off. Absolutely horrible, I know. My amps don't even turn on whatsoever...not even into protect mode or anything. I've checked all of my wiring, ground, fuses, remote etc and everything is in place. I assume because this all had been working for a few months since I got it that my install is not the problem.

I got my alternator checked and its putting out over 14 volts as it should with my Big 3 install.

Could it be my not even 2.5 month old optima yellowtop dying on me? Im only asking ~750wrms so I find it completely unlikely.

What could possibly be my problem?

Notes:

Big 3 in Knu 0

Power + ground: Knu 0 into Dist. Block out into 4awg then amps

My remote wire is hooked up to my fuse panel and not the wire in my HU

you're alternator is putting out 14+v, but it's not reaching the amps?....look for a bad connection somewhere

Maybe pull the batt and take it to a local battery shop, they can load test it and see if it's bad or not

I was out of town and my mom decided to drive my car for those couple days. She said she didnt do anything. I believe her because she wouldnt know how to. ahahah. So to answer your question I have zero idea. But it did work halfway for like a couple hours one day then I messed around and it worked fine for 5 minutes this weekend. Im completely at a loss here.

yeah thats what the guy at autozone said it was putting out. ill have to look over my connections again then tomorrow. ill have to try that tomorrow though. im in to trying anything that helps me narrow things down. thanks

Sounds like what everyone is thinking a bad connection. Maybe move your ground just to see if that's the problem. I have checked a ground before by taking the screw out and back in and then move it to a new location and it work fine just food for thought

check your distro block connections i had the same problem before. i removed my distro block from it and never had the problem again..... i now dont run blocks or fuses lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.